• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7 Storm Discussion: we’re due?

WxUSAF

Got down to 25.6 around 230am. Now 28/23. Way better airmass than we’ve had in lots of other marginal events in the past. Not sure it will mean much in the end, but doesn’t hurt.
I hope it actually does start as snow. I'm having doubts now. Maybe we will have to wait for the heavier precip

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Ji said:

I hope it actually does start as snow. I'm having doubts now. Maybe we will have to wait for the heavier precip

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Just looked at the mesos…Blech. Oh well, I’m onto the MLK week HECS.

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

My wife and I are thinking maybe we go have lunch in Harpers Ferry or maybe Charles town...we'd go to Winchester but all they have is a Sonic...suggestions?

Go to the downtown walking mall in Winchester, you’ll find something you’ll like. There’s parking garages for $1 an hour too.

https://oldtownwinchesterva.com/business-directory/dining/

http:// https://oldtownwinchesterva.com/business-directory/dining/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guidance sticking with the warm air aloft moving in quickly and flipping precip for most east of the BR. Maybe a good day to head up to Cunningham Falls for a closer max. The 220 corridor between Bedford, PA and Moorefield, WV looks like a the primo spot today.

IMG_0971.png

32 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

My wife and I are thinking maybe we go have lunch in Harpers Ferry or maybe Charles town...we'd go to Winchester but all they have is a Sonic...suggestions?

Say what? You’ve obviously never been to Winchester

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Guidance sticking with the warm air aloft moving in quickly and flipping precip for most east of the BR. Maybe a good day to head up to Cunningham Falls for a closer max. The 220 corridor between Bedford, PA and Moorefield, WV looks like a the primo spot today.

IMG_0971.png

I love it when people use the

Have to be ‘Rong ‘Rong ‘Rong

to guide their thinking 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Euro much better for western areas

The Euro is out to lunch.   00z gave me 4.4 inches, the 06z gives me 2.5".

7:32 and I have 32.7 with light rain.

In all seriousness I know Winchester has a ton of good food been there many times but is that the spot for this storm or a little more NW into WV? I  mean it's only 45 minutes give or take from my house so what the heck if the snow difference is significant. We may just jump on 50 and go until the snow is real. Good luck today anyone

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

try the Bavarian Inn in Shepherdstown. they brew their own beer, the food is great, and the property overlooks the Potomac River.

https://www.bavarianinnwv.com/

• Like 3

Welp, not good news. Temp rose overnight to almost 30 before precip moved in. A small thump of sleet, then a mix of freezing rain and a few sleet pellets now. Currently 29.5/28.3 here, that is about 3 degrees warmer than I expected/predicted. It IS slick! 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic