• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

So did the Pope.  

He sure did disappear as soon as his early call for a Mid Atlantic, south of the Mason Dixon line storm started falling apart...

No football spiking yet, but finally something that at this point looks like we can get at least the snow shovels wiped down

• Like 3

Just now, Spanks45 said:

He sure did disappear as soon as his early call for a Mid Atlantic, south of the Mason Dixon line storm started falling apart...

No football spiking yet, but finally something that at this point looks like we can get at least the snow shovels wiped down

qg_omega and forky also on milk cartons

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

George!  George! George!

navgem_mslp_pcpn_us_22.png

Yep I’ve seen enough, I’m officially on board for a significant storm. When the Navy is that far north and strong, that’s a red flag that the southern guidance is wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

He did the same thing last year when his trolling fest bombed. He’ll show up in a couple of days probably to make a case that the next storm will cut and rain all over New England.  And he’ll pretend that he ever said anything and talk about how warm pavement and such mean a foot of snow doesn’t really count as much.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, George001 said:

Yep I’ve seen enough, I’m officially on board for a significant storm. When the Navy is that far north and strong, that’s a red flag that the southern guidance is wrong.

Welcome back, George.  We've been waiting.  

1 minute ago, George001 said:

I hope Zappe throws 5 picks in the snow on Sunday. The 12+ amounts very well could be overdone, but I’m feeling pretty good about a plowable snow for my area with the 12z guidance moving way north.

Jets will throw 6

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Pretty tight cluster on northern edge but none of them get inland. EPS had a couple onshore in CT but most of them stayed S of LI and all of them do on the GEFS save maybe one right near it. There is a northern extent to this because of the trough out west and the confluence up north. 

Here 12z GEFS. 

IMG_0006.png

IMG_0007.png

Being new to the Ginxy area I assume I would taint quicker down here? 

13 minutes ago, George001 said:

That's a bias-adjusted great lakes cutter

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would rather risk the northern side of the envelop.....nothing I hate more than limp, dry sand while a trip state/CJ orgy rages deep into the night.

Agree. I’m ok with risking ptype issues, would rather lose some snow to mixing and lower ratios with a hugger track than a weak strung out piece of shit. 

9 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Being new to the Ginxy area I assume I would taint quicker down here? 

Versus your old ‘hood in Woodstock? Yeah it will taint quicker near Ginxy but not by much. He’s in a decent spot far enough off the water for major concerns. I’d think that area would need a true hugger track (like basically over the forks of LI) to have major ptype issues. 

Im assuming you’re near Moosup/Sterling? I’m on mobile so I can’t see locations in posts right now. 

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Can anyone find those posts from Qosmega and his cronies that called for no winter or snow for the next 3 weeks and not enough cold in Canada? They weren’t more than a couple days ago. Those posters have totally disappeared not by coincidence .

@dendrite is pretty good at finding and bumping posts 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Subsidence and confluence are the worst...I'll track and wrestle the rain/snow line any day over that.

Confluence is good…just as long as you aren’t so close to it that it screws you. Confluence is what helps create awesome fronto bands.