• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

3-iron Tin Cup style....

Assuming the system progresses generally as modeled, since it is running into a brick wall... wondering if the northern fringe can squeeze out a decent deform band.

Just sitting here smilin. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

First up to bat (although batting like .150 is the ICON with a track just south of ACK.

That was just about perfect for maximizing the snow coverage across SNE. Prob some ML goodies getting up to the chickens over to PWM too. 

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

First up to bat (although batting like .150) is the ICON with a track just south of ACK.

Repeated the 6 z as far as I can tell ...  (I've rejoined work work, though ... so my analysis is cursory)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That was just about perfect for maximizing the snow coverage across SNE. Prob some ML goodies getting up to the chickens over to PWM too. 

wrote about the same exact thing re the 6z ( last page..).

It's like comically perfect.  It's attempting to model the elusive 'synergistic' event, the one that is supposed to be unknowable and catches everyone by surprise and snows double all leading indicators.   haha.  

Man, what a coup de etat if it succeeds

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I wonder how many working weenies may use the restroom excuse to look at 12z runs 

Hopefully a full week of model watching ahead 

At this time we are going to be updating the weenie wx mental health options when you dial 

Pickles digging deep to find what will go wrong. South of Rt2 storm?

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Pickles digging deep to find what will go wrong. South of Rt2 storm?

Im looking forward to it , and to be honest I’ll have equal or more emotion with the following system for skiing . 11/7 Could be a south of S coast storm , Could crush CNE . Very early 

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I actually took the snowblower out of my shed yesterday because I needed to make sure it was working after leaving it in there all of last winter. There was a chipmunk nest in it but thankfully they didn’t chew any wires off so everything seemed to work. Gonna have to rodent-proof it before storing it again. 

If the storm and subsequent pattern afterward shit the bed, you can all blame it on me. 

that's my problem mice chewed the wires and no spark and i tried to rodent-proof even rapped the motor with a plastic bag they still made a nest .