Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

4 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Pure greed pretty accurately describes all pro leagues. It’s gonna collapse at some point. 

honestly college too with all the realignments.  Your classic Atlantic Coast Conference rivalry of Stanford and Cal, and of course the Big-10 with 18 teams.

On 1/7/2024 at 2:06 PM, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I've discovered a general rule concerning the medium range thread.  Perhaps this is obvious, but still.  It's all in whom I see posted last when I check, like who's avatar icon I see as the last poster in a thread...

If it's @Ji or @osfan24 or even @Heisy, especially if there are multiple posts in a row, then I know things have probably gone to hell in a handbasket and it's perhaps not worth looking much at that time.

If it's @psuhoffman, I know I'll need to set aside some reading time (a few hours!), but it's usually difficult to say initially whether there's bad or good news until reading!  But I still appreciate his analysis and input.

If it's @brooklynwx99, @MillvilleWx@CAPE, @WxUSAF, or @Bob Chill, I can count on some good analysis as well, and likely fairly positive!

If it's @clskinsfan, I know we'll see the term "beatdown" at least once, so it's worth a look at what's going on even if it's for the more western crew!

If it's @stormtracker, I expect Jaws music!

If it's @H2O, I expect some good, funny memes dammit!

If it's @Weather Will, I'll need to clear my internet cache to allow for more images.

If it's @WxWatcher007, we'll see shots of the Reaper enjoying retirement, likely involving his skeleton crew sipping a few tropical drinks on the beach!!

If it's @Maestrobjwa, I expect something about Beethoven!

If it's @yoda, I expect several CVS receipt length copy/pastes of the latest warnings!

If it's at @ravensrule, well, nothing need be said!  I'll look for the comments that inspired the innuendo!!! :lol:

And finally, if it's @Scarlet Pimpernel, I just ignore what the hell he has to say!!! :lol:

I'm sure others can add to this checklist!!

BEETHOVEN :violin::violin::violin::violin:

received_1103620147658954.gif.e374f12a3c4458ce5ed2f493c6ae8888.gif

• Like 1

terpeast wrote in the LR thread -

The next two systems are very powerful storms, and like WW said, I don’t think there’s any way to know what happens after that until the cutters actually clear the field. Maybe we get a better idea in focus once the first one reaches SE Canada.

I'm gonna go ahead and say...whatever happens will be the opposite of what we need. Pretty confident in that call based on...(waves hands around) - everything that has transpired with regard to snow chances up this way for about 8 years now. No matter what it is, it is bad for us. This time the storms will be too strong. Another time the cutter would not be strong enough. Another time they would be just right but a rogue shortwave would appear because a butterfly farted in new mexico in august to mess it up. Etc. Etc. 

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

You all can make fun of me, but this is good! And about the only thing a Kuerig makes well.

image.jpeg.6922f8d0c0d3944c01b8a52ffc1f1f5f.jpeg

I use the hot water from the Keurig for my hot toddys lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

terpeast wrote in the LR thread -

I'm gonna go ahead and say...whatever happens will be the opposite of what we need. Pretty confident in that call based on...(waves hands around) - everything that has transpired with regard to snow chances up this way for about 8 years now. No matter what it is, it is bad for us. This time the storms will be too strong. Another time the cutter would not be strong enough. Another time they would be just right but a rogue shortwave would appear because a butterfly farted in new mexico in august to mess it up. Etc. Etc. 

Shoulda swatted the damn butterfly. Now we are getting flooded with pac puke.

Congrats to the local coverage of this event I guess as I have been bombarded with questions at work this AM about the terrible winds and should people leave early. 

I am so confused about all of this. We've had really windy rainy days before, right? Am I misremembering that? Was that my life on Earth 2 and this is the first time this has ever happened here on Earth 3?

What even am I, on this 9th day of January, 2024?

• Haha 3

Dear lord, my boss just asked me if we should give thought to letting people go early today (apparently my status as default official weather person is now more official for the office). I don't even know what to say at this point.

I am gonna say...yes, to be safe. 

I guess. 

I mean, I am still so confused. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic