Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Discobs 2023

George BM

22 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

sorry it bothers you that the regional climate is warming significantly.

low 50s for highs / mid-upper 30s for lows was a pretty typical mid winter day here for the past few years.  Also it's not "early" fall - meteo winter starts in like 2.5 weeks.

Can say with high confidence that the regional climate has not warmed 10 degrees over the current normals (which is what would be needed for low 50s / upper 30s to be typical for mid-winter).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

sorry it bothers you that the regional climate is warming significantly.

low 50s for highs / mid-upper 30s for lows was a pretty typical mid winter day here for the past few years.  Also it's not "early" fall - meteo winter starts in like 2.5 weeks.

I'm bothered by warming climate - you're right about that - but I'm more bothered by your constant droning on about it. It's gotten old already.

Also, "meteorological winter" begins in 2.5 weeks, but who here expects us to put up "winter-type" dailies beginning on December 1?

16 minutes ago, hstorm said:

Can say with high confidence that the regional climate has not warmed 10 degrees over the current normals (which is what would be needed for low 50s / upper 30s to be typical for mid-winter).

<thumbs up>

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hstorm said:

i was exaggerating slightly (it's probably more towards early/late winter), but in the urban core (where more than a million of us live) it's not been uncommon to have many days that fail to reach freezing at night.  We've had several Januarys as of late at DCA where the avg temp has been at or above 40F.

That said, let's hope we get the right confluence of events this winter to actually bring significant snow.  Doesn't change the fact that a DC winter is looking more like the winters of Richmond or Raleigh from the turn of the century.

So I went on a walk the last hour and before I started I looked at the temperature and was surprised to see it in the low 50s. I thought my Guage must be wrong and asked Alexa the temperature and she said 37 degrees. I went outside to a mild evening. Started walking nd wend down a hill and it was like a wall of cold hit me. Immediately I was blowing steam and the temperature was cold. I started out of the little dip and just as dramatically the temperature rose. This happened a few more times on my hour walk. Quite the inversion out there. 52 at my house.. Drove the car and the temp in the dips is around 40! You can see it on this temp plot. One note, there is a slight breeze at my home but none in those dips!

Screenshot_20231113_221437_My AcuRite.jpg

• Like 7

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic