• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Lee--Glorified Nor'Easter or Legit Tropical? Near Miss or Direct Hit?

WxWatcher007

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They did until models changed. I even recall one lost soul having it slam into NH from the East 

Yeah I was laughing at an ensemble member from a model that was furthest west. I was sure to warn my parents that wires may fall on their home after I saw that.

Almost completely flat at Jones beach NY. What people do not realize as a storm transitions to extra tropical the stronger winds are focused on the SW side in relation to the sting jet. That has the effect of blowing down any previously generated SE swell. Behavior much closer to a normal cold season low and the reason east coasts do not receive swell like west coasts.

The weather channel live shots are bordering embarrassing. Like hello from drizzle and 30mph wind gusts… 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Pretty uneventful here. Peaks of sun, breezy, 15mph or so.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Ya saw that coming for a while…too far east in the end for you guys too.  A yawner as is most(obviously not all) of the tropical up this way.  Someday we’ll get a good one again, but for now the wait goes on. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Where have you been hiding?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Now that I dont have drive to NYC twice/month I range just 6 miles or so. The heart of metropolitan Aroostook County has all I need.

Had a balloon land in my field last month AIL4fc-rnBBCeiaz1l8BBGj_Xmmg_rpRRBTr0_N9

Was working on my little cabin down there to the right when they dropped in. Gave us a nice bottle of champagne! AIL4fc9h7AlY58DRT6u7mLg1OdDa4GgvTds5tNX0

Sky was full of 'em for days. 

AIL4fc-5yaMx11rcHdWHTxzwBvAZsThC9Pw5jOma

Spending my time making a wood shed / smoke house addition for my cabin. AIL4fc-XAedpGh0J6ex-dDNyKrylhVFYcyA-CcLS

Winter is coming and I'm camping out in it! AIL4fc_3jHNcmUlsP364DXLr-Zbmeu7Tvx_K0We8

Thanks for asking.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gonegalt said:

Now that I dont have drive to NYC twice/month I range just 6 miles or so. The heart of metropolitan Aroostook County has all I need.

Had a balloon land in my field last month AIL4fc-rnBBCeiaz1l8BBGj_Xmmg_rpRRBTr0_N9

Was working on my little cabin down there to the right when they dropped in. Gave us a nice bottle of champagne! AIL4fc9h7AlY58DRT6u7mLg1OdDa4GgvTds5tNX0

Sky was full of 'em for days. 

AIL4fc-5yaMx11rcHdWHTxzwBvAZsThC9Pw5jOma

Spending my time making a wood shed / smoke house addition for my cabin. AIL4fc-XAedpGh0J6ex-dDNyKrylhVFYcyA-CcLS

Winter is coming and I'm camping out in it! AIL4fc_3jHNcmUlsP364DXLr-Zbmeu7Tvx_K0We8

Thanks for asking.

That looks like heaven.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

A friend of mine sent me this, She's at Reid State Park.

IMG_3293.jpeg

Saw a clip of a wet-suited surfer at OOB - waves looked about half as high there.

Our forecast 1/4-1/2" has so far verified at 0.02".  The 55 mph gusts have (fortunately) not reached here either, though we're somewhat sheltered by the 80-foot trees all around.