Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

9 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Uninstalling today too. 
Also, lean under QPF this weekend north of the pike. Sure it’ll be cloudy, but HP to north doing work. 

Could happen.. but NAM and Stein Ram the rain waaay north .

https://x.com/growingwisdom/status/1705238316281467303?s=46&t=dhcbvkjmRcyBVQtDxJ3lRgP

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Always a truly sad day , but we uninstalled all units today . Long Dewey season April - Mid September. Onto winter 

I hope you enjoyed your time in the Dominican Republic during April. May and June!! At least you did not have to contend with the fearsome Tolland Looters while you were in the DR!!

32 minutes ago, alex said:

I wouldn’t say zero. Those look like conifers in the high peak, they’ll look the same in January. It’s changing, I’d expect peak right around Columbus Day

IMG_8898.jpeg

IMG_8897.jpeg

we've been up to crawford notch campgound many times, but not in last few years. I do recall foliage being near peak 3rd to 4th week of Sept. This was about 5-10yrs ago. Last few years seems later and later.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

we've been up to crawford notch campgound many times, but not in last few years. I do recall foliage being near peak 3rd to 4th week of Sept. This was about 5-10yrs ago. Last few years seems later and later.

Dendrite posted maps for the last 10 years or so a few pages back.  It has varied from year to year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Some forecast :lol:

Just threw all strong EL Nino's together. Yes, strong EL Nino's have a tendency to be above-average in terms of temperatures across the northern-tier of the country, but there are strong EL Nino's which were colder. Can't just throw a bunch of years into a composite and call it a forecast or outlook.

cd73.100.41.127.264.7.23.26.prcp.png

except you can

• Weenie 1

4 hours ago, dryslot said:

+1 or 2 in Jan means nothing, Just get the precip in here, It will snow.

Case in point:  January 2023.  It was the mildest of 25 Januarys here, 1.7° above the previous "winner", 2006.  It also was 3rd snowiest, only 0.1" shy of 30" and 10" AN.

39 this morning, 1st sub-40 of the season.  (Median date for 1st frost was last Tuesday.  50/50 chance of being our 3rd September w/o a frost.)