• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Rtd208

10 minutes ago, SRRTA22 said:

Heaviest will be north but this puts us (NYC metro) for a greater chance at svr .....I like the spring valley area for heaviest rain amounts

Most models have 2 heavy rain areas-one that goes into UNY and well north of us with the mid level warm front and one further south with the surface warm front. Hopefully the same areas that got slammed in July don't again. 

The large heavy rain area is probably associated with the mid level warm front and will go north of most of us. HRRR develops more heavy rain east of where that line is in central PA and that would be I-78 to I-80 and NYC/LI's shot with the surface warm front. But if that front goes a little north so will the heavy rain. 

The higher CAPE is south of the front and where the severe threat would be.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Looks pretty meh to me honestly, at least in my neck of the woods (New Brunswick)

Yeah the best CAPE/shear is south but the activity is further north so they don't coincide 

I agree with you for our area. I just had a nice heavy downpour, but no lightning at all with it. From the way radar looks I think we could see a couple more downpours and maybe an inch or so of rain, but the really big amounts that would cause flooding are going to our north. So I'm going to bed now since it's not looking like anything spectacular for our area. 

9 minutes ago, SRRTA22 said:

Moved through quick , torrential downpours for sure but the line was moving at 30mph haha we ain't flooding with that type of motion. I'm surprised forky didn't catch that.

This was never a flooding event for us

Yeah not sure what he was thinking. This had a wagons north look to it for a while. 

• Like 1

Had 1.17” here.  Was expecting at least 2”.  We’ll see what the max totals were but south of 78 this was pretty much a non event.  Was very evident that was going to be the case based on radar late yesterday afternoon and especially during the evening.  Really thought there was going to be a swath of 2-4” totals from the 78 / 80 corridor across the city into to southern CT.  Based on radar overnight would think sone places may have gotten 2” we’ll see shortly when numbers come in.