• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discobs 2023

George BM

Moderate rain a hour or so ago, now nothing, but distant rolling thunder when it's cloudy, which for some reason I love. Seems like the goods might be on my doorstep but I'm used to the LWX radar and it's down and I'm not rich like the rest of you folks to be able to afford the fancy stuff.

If it was a killer band of snow just off to my north and west with me getting nothing, I'd be tearing my hair out (of course I shave my head so that's kinda irrelevant) but with convection, I can still hear the thunder and like I said, distant thunder with cloudy, humid weather is a nice vibe for me.

Drizzle :lol:. The rain gauge reads 0.00 for the day.

Not mad- at worst I will have to water the newer plants probably on Sunday, with the likelihood Monday will also be a fail lol. The grass is oddly hanging in there, but it never makes it past early July regardless of the amount of rain that falls.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

I just can't believe so much rain is falling so close to the east.  The other night it was just west.  After today it's relying on thunderstorms so forget about it.  We won't see a drop from those so we're done.  Guess I'll be watering again this weekend

It's just the nature of how we get rain now, and going forward over the next couple months. The haves and have nots- and that can run in streaks. 

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Your area has done really well lately. Looks like Middletown area has had at least 1-2" today.

Your monthly total must be well over 5"?

Yes,  that is true. I estimate between 5 to 6 inches in my immediate area.   These last two events of over 2 inches each time are unusual for this area for mid to late June.  I decided to postpone lawn fertilization and good thing because it would have washed away.  

On a side note, as for the garden, experimenting this year with using straw in in the raised garden bed and near by surface level garden.  I am trying to prevent soil splash up on the tomatoes leaves since I have tomoto blight living in the soil and also control soil eronsion. The straw prevents weeds and may even hinder the Cicada killers from making nets on the garden. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mdhokie said:

HoCo force field in full effect. I actually would like these storms to pass on through as I'll be at Merriweather for the Weezer concert. Luckily decided on seats and not lawn!

Took my daughter and her friends last night.  We had seats in the pavillion and they chose lawn.  Luckily nobody sat behind us and we snuck them, in just as Weezer started :-)

It was a great show...hope you enjoyed!

Enough here to open the slider and hear the falling rain, if only briefly. Still less than an inch for the week but it’s something.

Yea we had to work hard for the rain this week lol. Hopefully, Monday produces some classic mid-Atlantic storms as a segue into drier and greener by midweek.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, 87storms said:

Yea we had to work hard for the rain this week lol. Hopefully, Monday produces some classic mid-Atlantic storms as a segue into drier and greener by midweek.

Today has been another groin kick as areas north, south, and east of me got at least into a good half hour dumping, but nothing here.

But I am happy that at least this is helping regionally with the drought.

Always like to review returns on radar, and then confirm via "visual" results when looking out the front window to the southeast...  :) 

image.png.acebdf442ebbc47cf76d40ffb1cc5f80.png

image.jpeg.ea741db4bba8947a1f9100fb1a19b903.jpeg

Some impressive clouds/thunderheads all around us this afternoon. I think we miss out (again) this afternoon...but at least we got a bit of precip this past week to alleviate the thirsty grass/sod.

• Like 8

• H2O unpinned this topic