Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discobs 2023

George BM

26 minutes ago, stormy said:

I have received 3.42 " of rainfall since Monday.   .60" today.  Much of Augusta County is now over 3 inches since Monday.

Wow that's impressive!  Move the decimal a digit to the left and that's what I'd guess I've gotten.  I hope I didn't jinx tonight's rain since I just bought a new rain gauge :P  I used to just go off the iweather rainfall map which used to be really good.  Man they broke that thing

2 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Wow that's impressive!  Move the decimal a digit to the left and that's what I'd guess I've gotten.  I hope I didn't jinx tonight's rain since I just bought a new rain gauge :P  I used to just go off the iweather rainfall map which used to be really good.  Man they broke that thing

It is indeed impressive!!!  The models 48 hours ago gave my area around 2 inches.  This has been an over-performer for my area..............   I am at about 3.50 inches at 6 pm and light rain continues.

I hope you get an over- performer early next week.

10 minutes ago, coolio said:

This the kind of rain that helps in times of a moderate drought. Slow steady that doesn't flood people out. Stretching over several days.

Need a more uniform stratiform rain though to really make a dent. Something like 2" - 4" over a couple of days. Nickle and diming a half inch over 2 days won't work. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, weatherCCB said:

Looks like another bust here

all the steady rain is west. 

We don't do well in the rainfall department with closed lows over Tennessee. The NAM was the first to pick up on this more southern solution early on and the Euro appears to have lagged the most. Our "good" track for closed lows that meander like this are over central Kentucky or southern West Virginia.

33 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:
We don't do well in the rainfall department with closed lows over Tennessee. The NAM was the first to pick up on this more southern solution early on and the Euro appears to have lagged the most. Our "good" track for closed lows that meander like this are over central Kentucky or southern West Virginia.

Radar might spruce up a bit with some of that upper level energy rotating through over the next few hours. Can see a little bit of that lift on the water vapor loop. Regardless, at least we have the humidity now. Not gonna get much in the way of rain chances when dews are in the 40s and 50s.

• H2O unpinned this topic