Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discobs 2023

George BM

29 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yes. The ROC staff are amazing. Not sure if I mentioned this, but I was able to visit SPC, WFO Norman, and OK Mesonet back in April. While there, I spoke with a staff member who collaborated with ROC personnel during some KOUN maintenance. It's amazing how efficient they are. It's like a NASA checklist and they don't show up unless they have all of the equipment already. No waiting for parts to arrive.

I might be misremembering - but I think the last time LWX was down for either part of SLEP or a major failure - we all thought it was going to be like a 10 day outage and it was back up on like the 6th day or something. 

Just now, Kmlwx said:

I might be misremembering - but I think the last time LWX was down for either part of SLEP or a major failure - we all thought it was going to be like a 10 day outage and it was back up on like the 6th day or something. 

Makes sense that they would put some extra time into the schedule in case something doesn't go as smoothly as planned. Under promise, over deliver

Just a steady rain ranging from misty to light to occasionally moderate since about 7am. Definitely the best way for it to soak into the ground and feed the trees. Who knows how much when it is all said and done but it's more than it has been so I am thrilled so far

• Like 1

0.32"

Definitely no runoff here lol. but at the rate it is falling, the wind/evaporation is an overwhelming factor. I bet the soil is parched a cm under.

Hopefully will do better with the increasing DPs and southerly flow later, although it will be more scattered. Can't be worse. :yikes:

• Like 2

• H2O unpinned this topic