Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Bet the bears and other wildlife populations love it.

We put the dog in one of the bathrooms that’s center-most inside, with blankets and music.  She still hates it but it’s a lot better than anywhere else.  She doesn’t shake nearly as much.

The town fireworks are essentially in our backyard.  It’s 20 minutes of WWIII for animals. When she was 1 year old, she was outside by accident when they started and she fled in panic. I went to the first place I could think of that she goes when in doubt, and found her covering her body in water in the middle of the river; like you see animals go in a forest fire.

• Sad 5

55 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We put the dog in one of the bathrooms that’s center-most inside, with blankets and music.  She still hates it but it’s a lot better than anywhere else.  She doesn’t shake nearly as much.

The town fireworks are essentially in our backyard.  It’s 20 minutes of WWIII for animals. When she was 1 year old, she was outside by accident when they started and she fled in panic. I went to the first place I could think of that she goes when in doubt, and found her covering her body in water in the middle of the river; like you see animals go in a forest fire.

The only good thing from our dog getting old is that he doesn’t hear as well anymore so fireworks and gun shots don’t bother him nearly as much as they used to. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dendrite said:

You would love the gypsies in parts of Concord. Armies of them just marching across parking lots taking down every oak leaf in their path.

I haven't noticed anything in Concord. whereabouts are you seeing them?

10 hours ago, kdxken said:

First fireflies of the year. At least that I've noticed. I'd take another couple months of evenings like this.

I had to put on  sweatshirt after the sun went down. DIT wept.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, tunafish said:

Jay, ME area getting absolutely smoked right now.  Radar estimates of 5"+ in the last hour.

At one point last evening, it was impossible to drive thru Jay.  Route 4 is now open, but many secondary roads remain closed.  The crossroads of 133/156 (Bean's Corner) looked like several loads of rocks had been strewn about.  Saw some pics of back roads with 100s of yards pretty much gone.
We were at our church in Farmington setting up a dinner for a guest singing group, and about 4:30 there was a great double rainbow to the south, and near-constant thunder coming from the southwest where the action was going on.

• Sad 1

Have not seen it yet and we're way inland.  It will be a lot tougher for the sun to burn thru in Bath.

Had enough dz overnight to put 0.01" in the gauge, for the 24th day this month with measurable precip, a new high.  Same for cloudy days - yesterday was #20.  We've had a couple months with 19 in the past.

• Like 1

It is possible we could sneak some heat into portions of the region towards the end of the week. Otherwise its warm temperatures (cooler farther north) with humidity. No days look like washouts but we'll see daily bouts of hit-and-miss storms. May see a better chance for showers and thunderstorms at the end of the week or next weekend as front/trough approach. 

18 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It is possible we could sneak some heat into portions of the region towards the end of the week. Otherwise its warm temperatures (cooler farther north) with humidity. No days look like washouts but we'll see daily bouts of hit-and-miss storms. May see a better chance for showers and thunderstorms at the end of the week or next weekend as front/trough approach. 

yeah...I started the July thread with some discussion about this first two weeks. 

There's a modest heat signal toward the end of week 1 ( ~ 7 .. 9th).  Later on in the long range, 'hints' for something more.  The over-arcing theme though is not like where we were during much of June.  In fact, the last 6 or so days of the month were all neutral to modestly above normal. I suspect that continues into the first 10 or so days of July, either way. 

I also like having the ambient summer gradient oscillating near by. So TCU production should around from time to time.

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah that coastal region of Maine up there is getting bum packed by flow off the Gulf ..

It's actually regaining ground to the west. Reminds me of my years living in socal when the marine layer would stay in place all day. Today was supposed to be one of the few sunny days before the return to the gloom most of next week.

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah...I started the July thread with some discussion about this first two weeks. 

There's a modest heat signal toward the end of week 1 ( ~ 7 .. 9th).  Later on in the long range, 'hints' for something more.  The over-arcing theme though is not like where we were during much of June.  In fact, the last 6 or so days of the month were all neutral to modestly above normal. I suspect that continues into the first 10 or so days of July, either way. 

I also like having the ambient summer gradient oscillating near by. So TCU production should around from time to time.

It's always amazes me how Mother Nature works. How often during the summer do we just get "so close" to getting the bigger heat with super high dews in here with bouts of EML's? Every time the pattern seems to favor it we have some stupid troughing over EC and northern NNE and it just deflects this airmass into the mid-Atlantic (which happens this weekend and early next week). 

It just has to be the "laws" of nature where do the physics background of these atmospheric states the response has to be a trough over our region lol. This is what I guess makes those patterns like July 1995 so rare...the wavelength of the ridging was just so anomalous that it was able to extend into our region and we were able to cash in on high heat/dews with svr. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It's always amazes me how Mother Nature works. How often during the summer do we just get "so close" to getting the bigger heat with super high dews in here with bouts of EML's? Every time the pattern seems to favor it we have some stupid troughing over EC and northern NNE and it just deflects this airmass into the mid-Atlantic (which happens this weekend and early next week). 

It just has to be the "laws" of nature where do the physics background of these atmospheric states the response has to be a trough over our region lol. This is what I guess makes those patterns like July 1995 so rare...the wavelength of the ridging was just so anomalous that it was able to extend into our region and we were able to cash in on high heat/dews with svr. 

Some exciting weather would do wonders for my overall mood. Not sure if others here feel that way. Providing its own natural anti-depressant 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Heading to naples. Supposed to take boat out but starting to doubt the frcst that the sun is coming out

Yea it's looking like a stolen day at this point. The satellite isn't encouraging, and low level winds are even out of the NE/ENE reminiscent of a backdoor. Still stuck in the mid 60s while everywhere else outside this purgatory is in the 80s.

1 hour ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Some exciting weather would do wonders for my overall mood. Not sure if others here feel that way. Providing its own natural anti-depressant 

Yeah that's why I love warm season. Mostly the sun and outdoorsy wx. Nothing worse than near Xmas with cold and dark, even of its 60F. Depressing af