Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

41 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well is running dry as a waterfall forms down the chicken run.

I’m on a flat spot in the middle of my hill so the runoff from above piles up. My soil moisture basically went from “irrigate now” to fully saturated. 2.13”

image.jpeg

• Like 2

This gonna be an interesting battle as summer slams into winter's cache

- A significant warming trend Friday through the holiday
    weekend will lead to more rapid snowmelt in the high Sierra
    which will enhance already high runoff along the east slopes
    of the southern Sierra into the Owens Valley.
  - http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood
  • Like 1

It's been hit and miss on these thunderstorms the last few days, today more hit than miss, with some heavy downpours out of nothing cells.  But in terms of wind it's been 100% meh, I can't recall a more boring start to the severe wx season here in Btown, aka the ICT of SNE.  Maybe southern portions of the east slope got a half decent storm the other day. 

9 minutes ago, radarman said:

It's been hit and miss on these thunderstorms the last few days, today more hit than miss, with some heavy downpours out of nothing cells.  But in terms of wind it's been 100% meh, I can't recall a more boring start to the severe wx season here in Btown, aka the ICT of SNE.  Maybe southern portions of the east slope got a half decent storm the other day. 

Not surprising since there has barely been any sunshine to increase instability. 

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Thunder...either from the cell to the northeast near Belchertown or to my southeast or Hampden or even to my west...I'm a cell sandwich AGAIN FOOK THIS. 

my wind comments aside, I can verify that the storm that just came through had quite a bit of electrification

• Like 1

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Mainly due to the pattern we are currently stuck in?

Shear was solid the other day and first half of yesterday but the main trough has been moving off the coast and the best dynamics with it. Trailing cold front slowly moving through so we have the humidity/warmth at the sfc to help fuel things but lacking shear to help with organization and sustain updrafts. 

• Like 1