• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

An extended period of generally cooler than normal temperatures is ongoing. No return to summerlike heat is likely through the remainder of June.

Unsettled weather will likely continue through Tuesday. The temperature will approach seasonable levels tomorrow before cooling slightly. It will be humid with scattered showers and thundershowers.

Parts of Texas remain in the midst of an extreme heat event. High temperatures through 5 pm CDT included:

Austin: 102°
Brownsville: 98°
Corpus Christi: 98° (tied record set in 1990 and tied in 2009 and 2012)
Cotulla: 108° (old record: 107°, 2022)
Del Rio: 107° (old record: 106°, 2018) ***7th consecutive record high***
Houston: 96°
Junction: 102°
Laredo: 107°
McAllen: 102°
San Angelo: 108° (old record: 107°, 1911, 1928, and 2018)
San Antonio: 102° (tied record set in 1994 and tied in 2009)
Victoria: 107°
Zapata: 107° (tied record set in 1969)

At present, there is little indication that this heat will move into the Middle Atlantic and southern New England regions.

The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was +2.7°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was +0.9°C for the week centered around June 14. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged +2.28°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged +0.67°C. El Niño conditions have developed and will likely continue to strengthen through at least the summer.

The SOI was +5.27 today.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was +0.665 today.

On June 22 the MJO was in Phase 1 at an amplitude of 1.520 (RMM). The June 21-adjusted amplitude was 1.207 (RMM).

Based on sensitivity analysis applied to the latest guidance, there is an implied 97% probability that New York City will have a cooler than normal June (1991-2020 normal). June will likely finish with a mean temperature near 70.1° (1.7° below normal).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wishcast_hater said:

Soaking rains just ended up here in Dutchess. We needed this.
On a side note we are under attack from caterpillars this season. Oak trees and birch trees are literally stripped bare.

I was wondering what's going on. I drive through at least once a week and the forest looks more haggard in sections of Dutchess and Columbia than anywhere else in the entire region. There are places where it looks like March not June. 

I was wondering what's going on. I drive through at least once a week and the forest looks more haggard in sections of Dutchess and Columbia than anywhere else in the entire region. There are places where it looks like March not June. 

It’s God awful. I can’t even enjoy my patio as caterpillar feces rain down constantly. It literally sounds as it’s raining outside. Once it does rain, the poop expands 4 times the size and creates a brown mess all over the driveway, patio and cars. I power washed 4 times this past week. Everything is stained. Supposedly this is coming to and end as they all turn to Gypsy moths in the next week. This has been going on since May.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good evening everyone. Two day total, so far, for CPK .11. Stay well, as always ….

IMG_6556.png

Exactly. The ultimate screw zone. As a result I was questioned by my boss why I was still watering Friday on campus. (Facilities director) He wanted the system shut off due to the forecast for so much rain.  I said umm when in drought expect drought. I was hoping the whole time he would be right and I would be wrong. I was right….. Having both a passion for horticulture and meteorology (I don’t have the math ability to peruse a career in meteorology) I am very well set to feel the needs of the gardens I maintain. And they are  the best in the whole city 

• Like 3