• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2023

George BM

George BM: We’re gonna get SHELLACKED by wind! I can’t wait to get outside and shovel feet and feet of wind. All my neighbors will be cowering in their houses while I’ll be outside climbing tall trees and getting a free rollercoaster ride without waiting in all d’em lines or spending me money! And then… I’ll become one of only a handful of humans to take flight with no assistance from jetpacks, waterjets or any of that mumbo jumbo! Peeps brave enough to be outside across the region will wonder what kind of huge bird that is flying over them. But it’s just gonna be ME looking as elagant as an A400M! Everywhere they look it’s me! Then once I’ve mastered flying I’ll land and go from downed tree to downed tree yeeting them into woodchippers across the region bulking up my muscles as I go. By the time that’s all said and done I’ll be the strongest human in the galaxy!

Alpha: BIG cringe.

George BM: @Alpha  :rolleyes: Just shut up and enjoy the wind!

GeorgeX: Na, I'm with alpha. You're trying too hard.

George BM: Y'all the point is that it's going to be very windy. That's it and nothing more. Leave me alone.

• Haha 7

I finally decided to splurge the little savings I have, on seeing Palisades before Spring springs in a couple of weeks.

This is Jebman, Reporting to you LIVE from Palisades Tahoe! I will be enjoying the snow here the next couple days, they will be getting 6 inches Sunday and Monday!

1) It was a BASTARD trying to DRIVE a rental from Reno to Palisades. The roads are a NIGHTMARE up here, one frackin' lane! Dont these people even know how to plow snow? The berms are unbelievable! It is snowing and COLD AS FOOK! Its supposed to be around 20 degrees but it feels like 30 below, especially with that NASTY WIND! I was chanting WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW and blasting ELO songs at high volume!

2) I have not set foot in a snow region in five years. I am so excited, I tried to walk up to High Camp at 8200 feet, from the Village, at 6000 feet. These people dont appreciate jebwalks. I almost got arrested by one Ben Leech, I think he might be the director of ski patrol operations, he caught me trying to sneak up to High Camp while he was grooming the slopes with a snowcat! I came THIS CLOSE to going to jail! He damn near ejected me from the Resort! That son of a bytch did NOT like me trying to hide from his snowcat! I wanted High Camp so bad at night, I could TASTE it!

3) There is NO FRACKIN' AIR up here! I am an older man now, and I huff at sea level in south Texas. Up here even at village level, at 6200 feet, I damn near need supplemental oxygen! LMAO, I dont think I am going to be any good in a  REAL mountain jebwalk lol! Man I AM an old man! My stepdad Ken needed supplemental oxygen at 78 years old, not frackin' 59!

4) Yardsticks are no good here! The damn snow is too damn deep! I kicked back with my headphones blasting ELO songs in a state of near bliss in Heaven at all the HUGE, Brobdingnagian snowbanks all around the Resort! Man it is so damned COLD up here! There's a HUGE difference between 87/70 in Buda and 20/14 with a nasty WIND blowing dry snow around! People are boggling at me looking out the window at the falling snow in the lights like I have never seen snow before! LOL

I dont think I am even gonna be able to sleep tonight! The enormity of actually BEING in such a snow filled location is just STAGGERING! I want to show these folks how to dig snow! Maybe tomorrow!

• Like 9

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
3 hours ago, Jebman said:

I finally decided to splurge the little savings I have, on seeing Palisades before Spring springs in a couple of weeks.

This is Jebman, Reporting to you LIVE from Palisades Tahoe! I will be enjoying the snow here the next couple days, they will be getting 6 inches Sunday and Monday!

1) It was a BASTARD trying to DRIVE a rental from Reno to Palisades. The roads are a NIGHTMARE up here, one frackin' lane! Dont these people even know how to plow snow? The berms are unbelievable! It is snowing and COLD AS FOOK! Its supposed to be around 20 degrees but it feels like 30 below, especially with that NASTY WIND! I was chanting WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW and blasting ELO songs at high volume!

2) I have not set foot in a snow region in five years. I am so excited, I tried to walk up to High Camp at 8200 feet, from the Village, at 6000 feet. These people dont appreciate jebwalks. I almost got arrested by one Ben Leech, I think he might be the director of ski patrol operations, he caught me trying to sneak up to High Camp while he was grooming the slopes with a snowcat! I came THIS CLOSE to going to jail! He damn near ejected me from the Resort! That son of a bytch did NOT like me trying to hide from his snowcat! I wanted High Camp so bad at night, I could TASTE it!

3) There is NO FRACKIN' AIR up here! I am an older man now, and I huff at sea level in south Texas. Up here even at village level, at 6200 feet, I damn near need supplemental oxygen! LMAO, I dont think I am going to be any good in a  REAL mountain jebwalk lol! Man I AM an old man! My stepdad Ken needed supplemental oxygen at 78 years old, not frackin' 59!

4) Yardsticks are no good here! The damn snow is too damn deep! I kicked back with my headphones blasting ELO songs in a state of near bliss in Heaven at all the HUGE, Brobdingnagian snowbanks all around the Resort! Man it is so damned COLD up here! There's a HUGE difference between 87/70 in Buda and 20/14 with a nasty WIND blowing dry snow around! People are boggling at me looking out the window at the falling snow in the lights like I have never seen snow before! LOL

I dont think I am even gonna be able to sleep tonight! The enormity of actually BEING in such a snow filled location is just STAGGERING! I want to show these folks how to dig snow! Maybe tomorrow!

Good morning Jebman. At nearing 76, if I can’t live a dream like this, I will thankfully do it through your reports. Stay well and safe. As always …..

One thing I have GOT to learn to do is FOCUS. This aint south central Texas. I was walking around, daydreaming about a monster 15 foot week long snowblitz here at Palisades, chuckling about all the ski patrol having to dig all the chairlifts out of the snow, all while I watch them, while shoving popcorn into my face, along with a terminal payload of rich butter, and damn near almost fell right into a snow well. I was very fortunate, I just managed to catch myslef in time! You fall in a snow well with a tree in it, chances are you get injured and no one finds you til the summer! Snow wells form around trees as the snowpack settles and tends to pull away from the tree, and as frackin DEEP as this pack is, I'd be a frozen goner in no time. I got shaken up but good, I KNOW that was a near death experience and I went back in the damn village. I'll kick back safely at the bar and daydream about improbable 100,000 year mega blizzards here at Palisades. The clouds are interesting to look at as they go by, some of them BELOW me lmao! Too bad I didnt get to see a flake today. Maybe tomorrow.

17 hours ago, mappy said:

Mr Map took this shot of our giant weeping cherry tree after the storms. Our favorite tree, loving the contrast 

2919F16D-09EF-42A2-B5DE-6BC350C7839E.jpeg

Beautiful picture!  Years ago I made crab mallets out of a cherry tree branch for family members which was great until the discovery that cherry bark contains arsenic. That was not my intended message.

• Haha 2

What sounds like fighter jets (2 so far) have gone right over me in Colesville. They are unlabeled aircraft only showing on TIS-B on the ADS-B sites. Anybody get a visual? Seems both are now circling JB Andrews and doing pattern work. They went from IAD area through SE MoCo and then around the beltway to Andrews. 

Third aircraft just flew over - same deal...not visible on ADS-B until roughly over IAD area and then TIS-B got it inbound to Andrews. This one was definitely a passenger style jet though - two engines - only got a look at the underbelly as it flew over from W to E. Odd tempo of activity inbound to Andrews today - and also semi atypical for them to be not readily trackable. 

On 4/1/2023 at 7:16 PM, Jebman said:

One thing I have GOT to learn to do is FOCUS. This aint south central Texas. I was walking around, daydreaming about a monster 15 foot week long snowblitz here at Palisades, chuckling about all the ski patrol having to dig all the chairlifts out of the snow, all while I watch them, while shoving popcorn into my face, along with a terminal payload of rich butter, and damn near almost fell right into a snow well. I was very fortunate, I just managed to catch myslef in time! You fall in a snow well with a tree in it, chances are you get injured and no one finds you til the summer! Snow wells form around trees as the snowpack settles and tends to pull away from the tree, and as frackin DEEP as this pack is, I'd be a frozen goner in no time. I got shaken up but good, I KNOW that was a near death experience and I went back in the damn village. I'll kick back safely at the bar and daydream about improbable 100,000 year mega blizzards here at Palisades. The clouds are interesting to look at as they go by, some of them BELOW me lmao! Too bad I didnt get to see a flake today. Maybe tomorrow.

Came across this recent video of tree well rescue. Not fake. Not staged. 

(Glad we didn't lose our man Jeb) 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic