Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter 2023

George BM

14 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Came across this recent video of tree well rescue. Not fake. Not staged. 

(Glad we didn't loose our man Jeb) 

That is SERIOUS, SERIOUS business. I daydream a LOT. Cant be doing that in the mountains. Thats how people get seriously injured or end up dead. Gotta remember that. Those western ski resorts are a completely different world from south central Texas. I got back and its 89/73 here in Buda, I am sweating a ton and disgusted, had to do some digging of a different sort here in Texas, water line broke, damn donkey chewed it up. I'm TIRED of summer already! I love that deep snow and super cold weather so much! I wish I could LIVE there! Its hot, its humid, and I am coughing up my lungs thanks to oak pollens. The air was so clean and crisp and fresh in Tahoe and the entire world was so white and wide and deep! Oh, hot Texas with an early summerlike onset UGH!

• Like 2

Damn I miss Tahoe so much! I loved all that deep drifted pristine snow! I rolled in it like a little kid, took many deep deep breaths of fresh snowy mountain air that smelled like Victory! I reveled in the excitement of real fresh mountain snowfall and lows in the upper single digits! I happily watched that wind blow that fluffy Palisades snow into beautiful drifts! I miss Tahoe so damn much! I am not much of a skier, but I loved the look of freshly corduroyed ski trails. No way was I gonna go off piste after that near miss with a tree well! I happily jebwalked in the village and gaped at the humongous Brobdingnagian piles of snow! They told me they will be open past Fourth of July, at least! I was so happy I thought my heart would burst for pure joy!

FOR REAL SNOW, the Place to Be, aint the Great Lakes or the Northeast. Forget Jay Peak. I am GLAD I wasnt raised Jay! It is any of the Western ski resorts that are THE PLACE TO BE FOR REAL SNOW! These resort destinations, such as Palisades Tahoe, Bear Valley, Mammoth Lakes, Alta, Utah and many others, are the place to be for real deep snows! It stays COLD and the snow just piles up! It's world class skiing well into the Spring! Atmospheric Rivers simply PILE ON the snow FEET DEEP!

One thing I personally observed at Palisades, and have seen many many times on the high resolution webcams, is how those Sierran winds just pile snow into drifts! They clear the 8200' level platform off, the WIND piles the fluffy Palisades snow right back up on the platform! That place, is definitely a snow lovers' wet dream come wonderfully true! The snow is glorious and so are the cold temps! That wind just blows snow all over the place! I was so happy about it, I nearly cried tears of pure rapturous JOY!!

I miss Palisades so damn much. All that fresh, deep snow! All the wonderfully corduroyed ski trails! Just gotta try to stay away from those accursed tree wells! Off piste is for experts only! The Ski Patrol is tired of snow, I'd gladly dig out KT-22 for FREE, all by myslef! With a Jebman Shovel! I dont ever get tired of snow! I crave more! I'd happily and lovingly dig out KT-22 with a shovel then be there early the next morning, Jebman Shovel in hand, all ready to dig 'em out again after yet another atmospheric river of torrential snow!

• Like 2

On 4/1/2023 at 1:30 PM, dallen7908 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d36813d7bcbcab4c2fe55382692dbfbe.jpeg

Wish I were in the Palisades or perhaps preparing for tomorrow's Classique Alex Harvey at Mont-Saint-Anne.  Weather looks great after today's snow showers tomorrow's high is expected to be 32F.  

Its a plane hop away and a rental car drive. The deep snows at Palisades are waiting for you! The base at Upper Mountain is 231 inches deep! Breathe in some fresh snowy mountain air! Revel in the thrilling REAL mountain snowfall, as you happily watch the winds blow that snow into drifts! Stroll around and soak in the exhilaration of a near record snow season at Palisades! Soar in the chairlifts and ski deep stashes of pristine pow! Shred those slopes with your very own skis or snowboard! Pretend to lose your balance, roll in the deep fresh powder and revel in real pristine snowpack! You haven't LIVED until you immerse yourself in the glorious winter wonderland known as Palisades Tahoe!

43 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

This is the port of Húsavík, which loosely translates to “holy shit, I want to live here.”

image.jpeg.5211242428294dd54572f3a71cd8a90b.jpeg

Iceland is beautiful, but it has one of the worlds highest rates of mental healthy problems for a reason. Makes Seattle in winter seem positively sunny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Iceland is beautiful, but it has one of the worlds highest rates of mental healthy problems for a reason. Makes Seattle in winter seem positively sunny.

I’d imagine that as a country they would treat mental health better than we do. But that’s just a guess.

Last photo of the day unless the northern lights appear.

image.jpeg.441899370c2c5180017c40a0e4131da5.jpeg

• Like 10

Just now, CAPE said:

Stopped at Rehoboth, hung out at DFH, and picked up a 4 pack of Utopias barrel aged 120 min IPA today. Now in OC looking over the sound preparing to watch the storms arrive, and popped open one of these bad boys. Holy Shit. This is incredible. So complex and balanced. A must try. @vastateofmind@nw baltimore wx

I loved the OBX when I still lived back East.

• Like 1

A new three foot drift has formed on the 8200 foot level at Palisades! Wind is really blowing that new snow all over the place! People are really gonna be shredding pow pow today on the slopes! Gonna be a lot of great stashes to be found!

As of 1103am PST - this is a later edit - There are now dual drifts, I repeat , there are now two 3 foot drifts on the 8200' level, Snow is pouring down at Palisades and the drifts are building as the wind piles the snow up, and a lot more of the snow is coming down!

https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams

Palisades really is a snow lovers' Paradise! Its a massive wet dream snowgasm!

That wind is gusting blowing my precious all over the platform, filling my heart with gladness!

This place is definitely Heaven for me. I WUB that blowing snow so much!

I love Palisades Tahoe with all my heart.

1 minute ago, kristia said:

I am enjoying the blooming foliage and warmer weather. Between that and my new found love for floral scents, I can only assume I’ll be getting my old lady card in the mail soon :lol:

You should visit Texas sometime, its been spring down here for a while, sweet smelling flowers everywhere and you should see our Texas Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jebman said:

You should visit Texas sometime, its been spring down here for a while, sweet smelling flowers everywhere and you should see our Texas Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes!

Sounds lovely. I am jealous! I do want to visit there at some point. I heard you can stay at the Southfork Ranch and I’m a huge Dallas fan :nerdsmiley:

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic