Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Last Hurrah Obs Thread: 3/13-15/23

WxWatcher007

4 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

This is what happens when you rip and read snow and qpf charts instead of looking at actual things like mid levels/fronto. It was signaled all day. I've been mentioning it for three days. Simply wrong, but I am glad you are snowing and you know it. I also hate you for living at elevation. 

Just wrong honestly. Like it was wrong when ya said there were no red flags 48 hours ago, and a dry slot was ripping across e CT on modeling. Just like you were wrong when you said the dry slot wouldn't fill in, when everything said it would. Just like you were wrong when you said you wouldn't get hit by these bands. :lol:

You have to be doing some kind of reverse psychology, or trolling, or drinking a little earlier than me. 

Enjoy your snow. I'm gonna drink a beer and listen to the gutter empty rainwater and snow melt from 12 hours ago despite the fact there is a 7h band overhead that you said would never come earlier. :lol:

Hate you! Love you! 

pretty interesting drive to Enfield to see a test setup, basically once I crossed the Dexter coffin bridge there was 0 snow on the ground...on the way there, it was ripping snow from my house until just near bdl, but on top of the hill between barkhamsted and Granby was a mess, roads, tree limb down, utility crews working everywhere... picked up another 2.5" since I cleaned at noon, so that is 9.7 total, of course compaction doesn't show, but still coming down at 32, and radar looks good for at least a couple more hours

1 minute ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Yea, I think "official" is 42 in 24. Supposedly either Peru or Landrgrove VT reported 44" in 2020, but like I mentioned ALY said no.

Mitch just reported 35 but he had a dry slot for a few hours. That area near West Dover avoided it and probably has 40-45 right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I’ll take the under…just hoping to get over a foot here. 

32.4F  Visabilty 2 miles   About 1/4" inch the past 2 hours in areas that had no dim sun earlier.  So I will up my total to 6.25".  Perhaps if I had woken up around 5am and measured then and cleared I could push 7"!  I'm so jealous of you two!

Another sloppy snow event in Nashua With temps 32-33 all during snow 

this has certainly Been the wettest snow consistently of any year 

another event where south did worse and west at elevation and north and even north east at another 150’ did significantly better . Not complaining per se , just this season has had remarkable consistency to a gradient no matter how much the pattern changed 

4 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Yea, 40" is legit I think. I guess we will see if anything can't pass the ALY sniff test...lol

They have snow envy . jk I dunno ..When you get several reports at similar elevation above 2k , just accept em and that it is a much different world there and that maybe it’s you didn’t go high enough on your grids there .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

They have snow envy . jk I dunno ..When you get several reports at similar elevation above 2k , just accept em and that it is a much different world there and that maybe it’s you didn’t go high enough on your grids there .

Lol, I know. I was talking more about getting the official record in the books. Obviously that needs to be done a certain way I guess.