• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Impressive signal is just beginning emerge in actual guidance, Mar 10 -15th...

Typhoon Tip

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

Mar 2nd and Mar 3-4th 2019. At least here. We had a 3-6er little critter, then 36 hours later we had the 10-15 4"/hr wet snow overnight bomb. 

yeah that's it.  was just looking at the archives, in March of 18, we had a couple doozies between the 7 and 13th, but the 2019 ones is what I was thinking about

• Like 1

Just now, tavwtby said:

didn't we also have something similar in March of 18? a smaller event followed by a bigger event a couple days later? I may be wrong on the year but it was within the last few years

Yes 18 was super active.  We had one good one here. The first was windy rain here, the second was a good one.  And the third shit the bed here in the west, but buried them out east of the river(shocker righ). And then there was even one more that was a dud for the most part too here..a few sloppy inches. But they were lined up that March in 18. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes 18 was super active.  We had one good one here. The first was windy rain here, the second was a good one.  And the third shit the bed here in the west, but buried them out east of the river(shocker righ). And then there was even one more that was a dud for the most part too here..a few sloppy inches. But they were lined up that March in 18. 

iirc, they went right into April, out east was getting hammered with each one too, I think one of those I had hours of sugar while it dumped inches to knees east

1 minute ago, tavwtby said:

iirc, they went right into April, out east was getting hammered with each one too, I think one of those I had hours of sugar while it dumped inches to knees east

also, I got almost half my season total from 2/17 on that year, great second half

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s all slowly evolving into one normal event . Just one normal winter storms. I know that’s not a popular idea.. but that’s what this is 

I don’t see that at all at this point.  I don’t think we know what’s gonna happen yet with Saturday, let alone a week from Wednesday.  And Saturday(whatever that becomes) will probably influence the next potential. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Mar 2nd and Mar 3-4th 2019. At least here. We had a 3-6er little critter, then 36 hours later we had the 10-15 4"/hr wet snow overnight bomb. 

I just went back and looked at the maps. Seems your area only got 1.5" ish first storm, and 6" the second so you didn't do so well. 

Mar 2018 was the epic "1 nor'easter per week" where we got 4 nor'easters all separated by about a week. 

Mar 2nd - far interior and far west CT 3-8" everyone else rain

Mar 8th - whole CT wet snow bomb 6-28"

Mar 13-14th - east bomb with a hole in the 91 area W CT warning snow, E CT 12-24"

Mar 22nd - coastal scraper, bust, 3-6 S CT and 1-3 N CT

That effing storm buried LI. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I just went back and looked at the maps. Seems your area only got 1.5" ish first storm, and 6" the second so you didn't do so well. 

Mar 2018 was the epic "1 nor'easter per week" where we got 4 nor'easters all separated by about a week. 

Mar 2nd - far interior and far west CT 3-8" everyone else rain

Mar 8th - whole CT wet snow bomb 6-28"

Mar 13-14th - east bomb with a hole in the 91 area W CT warning snow, E CT 12-24"

Mar 22nd - coastal scraper, bust, 3-6 S CT and 1-3 N CT

There was awesome thundersnow in that wet snow event. Those two busts were horrible though. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Hoping for one last decent storm here which, in this pattern, is not out of the question but it’s also not hard to see,  how we can swing and miss on two different systems either. 
A big hit for Philly to NYC would also be pretty awesome,  just to see the melts in here. 
^_^

We are probably going to get one bomb out of all of this...and maybe one other more moderate ordeal. Looking like the second one is the larger ticket, at this point.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

No comments in 50 mins , I was hoping to see maybe if the 18z euro looked like it was not 500 miles SE 

The 18Z EPS is definitely better than 12Z, a lot more members hanging back NW. The spread has definitely increased. H5 better than 12Z, closed low is NW as well

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Just wondering if weatherfella could confirm this, from the maps, in 1956 storm 1 developed off the coast around Friday March 16th and dropped snow Friday night into Saturday morning, storm 2 developed on night of Sunday 18th- Monday 19th, The gap between peak of storms was 48 to 54 hours. Does that match what you recall? Map for Monday 19th below, you can navigate back through the sequence. Both coastal lows were transfers from inland lows and did not develop over the southeastern U.S. ... the first one actually looks stronger on the maps but I'm not sure where exactly weatherfella was in 1956, think I know where he lives now (se MA?).

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/reanalysis.php?map=2&model=noaa&var=1&jaar=1956&maand=03&dag=19&uur=1200&h=0&tr=360&nmaps=24#mapref

28 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

Just wondering if weatherfella could confirm this, from the maps, in 1956 storm 1 developed off the coast around Friday March 16th and dropped snow Friday night into Saturday morning, storm 2 developed on night of Sunday 18th- Monday 19th, The gap between peak of storms was 48 to 54 hours. Does that match what you recall? Map for Monday 19th below, you can navigate back through the sequence. Both coastal lows were transfers from inland lows and did not develop over the southeastern U.S. ... the first one actually looks stronger on the maps but I'm not sure where exactly weatherfella was in 1956, think I know where he lives now (se MA?).

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/reanalysis.php?map=2&model=noaa&var=1&jaar

28 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/reanalysis.php?map=2&model=noaa&var=1&jaar=1956&maand=03&dag=19&uur=1200&h=0&tr=360&nmaps=24#mapref

=1956&maand=03&dag=19&uur=1200&h=0&tr=360&nmaps=24#mapref

My recollection is that the heaviest snow was Friday AM 3/16-I was northern NJ in 3rd grade.   It must have stayed cold because we were sledding on packed icy snow on pavement all weekend.  I think the gap was exactly that-48-54 hours.  By sunset Sunday heavy snow had broken out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1