• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Impressive signal is just beginning emerge in actual guidance, Mar 10 -15th...

Typhoon Tip

uhhh  what

no.  The only similarity either one of those two have to this is in the very real notion that winds and cloud patterns of all cyclones go round and round.

You can't make a comparison to something when one side of that comparison doesn't yet exist for one. But for another, even if comparing the large scale  ( hemispheric) antecedence, good luck getting a correctly reanalyzed series of charts from 1717 ( lol), or 1888 for that matter.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

uhhh  what

no.  The only similarity either one of those two have to this is in the very real notion that winds and cloud patterns of all cyclones go round and round.

You can't make a comparison to something when one side of that comparison doesn't yet exist for one. But for another, even if comparing the large scale  ( hemispheric) antecedence, good luck getting a correctly reanalyzed series of charts from 1717 ( lol), or 1888 for that matter.

Ha yeah, pretty sure he meant 1718 though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I know I'll go nuclear if I have to watch that whiney little bitch in Taunton get like 30" while I get another round of cosmic dildo after watching NNE snow all season 

Oh and he’ll be whining…he’s already complaining there’s no cold for this potential, until Scott shut him up. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

In that spirit of Nostalgia, and something Weather Fella would remember, I was a grade school kid in Massapequa delivering the NY Daily News and remember the cold.  1977.

GreatSouthBay.jpg

That was a sad year. I moved to Los Angeles in November 1976.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Ha, I just scrolled through the 18z, then came here to check in on the outrage....but it was yesterday's 18z.  If you were wondering...it sucked.

Yeah there’s no sugarcoating it, yesterday’s gfs wasn’t good at all if you are rooting for snow. Low in Wisconsin with no secondary. Today’s 18z gfs is weak and ots.

4 hours ago, weathafella said:

That excludes the next 24 hours.  Qpf and snow map below…

017F451D-91A6-43E0-BD28-110A0C95830B.png

93817DD6-14E1-4588-9678-8B1641C4F48B.png

A hidden variance/sensitivity in probability assessments that NCEP has developed that few people know about is the anti-correlation of Tolland CT...

That gap you see there ?  That is why CPC is enhancing the risk for actually getting an event up here at all - because tolland is left out of the cool kids and excitement.

• Thanks 1