Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 23rd Storm Threat: keeping positive vibes, ending chances of futility

TalcottWx

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Breton is a good met, He was up here for 5yrs or so before he went down to CT to a sister station.

Yeah he grew up in CT and I believe went to PSU and then got the job in Maine.  He def knows his stuff and doesn’t weenie stuff or rip and read.  Honestly I’ll be totally ok for an inch or two. Haven’t had any snow other than dustings to close to 1” since Dec 10.. So over 40 days since any real snow . I’m still of the mindset that this will be ripped out from underfoot by morning , but hoping some good news happens 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah he grew up in CT and I believe went to PSU and then got the job in Maine.  He def knows his stuff and doesn’t weenie stuff or rip and read.  Honestly I’ll be totally ok for an inch or two. Haven’t had any snow other than dustings to close to 1” since Dec 10.. So over 40 days since any real snow . I’m still of the mindset that this will be ripped out from underfoot by morning , but hoping some good news happens 

I’m still expecting a slight tick back north to take pike region out of any front end snow…I think we could get some in the CCB on Monday but I’m not buying the violent solutions that drop 4-6” in 6 hours. Hopefully I’m wrong though and we tick it one more nudge colder. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’m still expecting a slight tick back north to take pike region out of any front end snow…I think we could get some in the CCB on Monday but I’m not buying the violent solutions that drop 4-6” in 6 hours. Hopefully I’m wrong though and we tick it one more nudge colder. 

As we all know reach around snows are so difficult in SNE. I saw everything reach around today and I guess it can happen , but it’s going to be very difficult to get more  than an inch or two in a perfect scenario. I shouldn’t do this to myself and should just rule out any snow. After another letdown yesterday , pessimism is the probably the way to lean.  Just hoping something breaks our way 

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Pretty sure hes originally from Southern NH, I want to say Atkinson. Used to have a little weenie web page for local wx and snow totals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1