Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 23rd Storm Threat: keeping positive vibes, ending chances of futility

TalcottWx

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha that’s like a Giants fan that hates the Patriots saying “Screw the Pats, they are going 0-16 this season. F*ck ‘em.”

I guess they would be correct if the Pats go 0-16?  But no one is patting them on the back saying “Hey, solid analysis. Your deep understanding of football teams there really showed.”

I pride myself in glazing eyes over with excessive data to support what is sometimes fantastically incorrect.

;)

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don't think this event has ever really been a true SWFE. It’s mostly been a coastal (albeit a hugger at times) once we were inside of 4-5 days. It just has no high pressure so most of the solutions have been pretty warm. 

Its not a SWFE because the confluence does spur redevelopment, but the primary still hangs on a bit longer than we would like with such a marginal airmass.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I pride myself in glazing eyes over with excessive data to support what is sometimes fantastically incorrect.

;)

I could have written a book (actually, I did) on why I'd be burpn', fartn' and trackn' all January, but 'alas....all I have really tracked is @qg_omega's daily post count.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kdxken said:

On the flip side, the guy who predicted the Patriots going 16-0 is out a job. Correct analysis (at least in his head) be damned. That New York douchebag would likely be hired as a coordinator.

One would hope there would be more critical thinking involved there by the people analyzing a prediction, ha.  I think that’s what we are getting at.

Like someone in summer who is obsessed with heat and dews, saying it’ll be hot and humid this summer, especially July and August…then wanting credit for that skillful “call.” If that person were to exist of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wx2fish said:

Yeah I thought that too at first glance. Still slamming Monday too 

Yeah starting to get hard to ignore the Monday stuff. I’d still like to see the sfc low hand back a little more. The more low level support for that CCB, I think the best chance it can go nuts….help keep the BL from trying to dry out a little. 

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

One would hope there would be more critical thinking involved there by the people analyzing a prediction, ha.  I think that’s what we are getting at.

Like someone in summer who is obsessed with heat and dews, saying it’ll be hot and humid this summer, especially July and August…then wanting credit for that skillful “call.” If that person were to exist of course.

All right you got me! :D

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I wonder if there was damage around here due to the first part of the storm having the snow/sleet/rain combo. That built up a thin layer on branches etc. the snow on Friday during the day was low ratio but it clung to the branches like it was heavy and wet.  Saw some big branches down.  

Went thru that in March 18

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah starting to get hard to ignore the Monday stuff. I’d still like to see the sfc low hand back a little more. The more low level support for that CCB, I think the best chance it can go nuts….help keep the BL from trying to dry out a little. 

Sone serious Omega and TTs. 

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

So the GFS is progging a strong WCB push for CNE NNE and then CCB that’s more for southern New England? In other words, a storm that in the end gives a lot of us at least a few inches?

Yeah the GFS run does share the wealth pretty good. Obviously that requires both parts of the storm to go as advertised but it’s a good solution to make snow lovers fairly happy