Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 23rd Storm Threat: keeping positive vibes, ending chances of futility

TalcottWx

33 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Please please be wrong NAM. For the love if God.. just once be wrong 

Although mostly everything this winter has gone in the wrong direction .... The Nam always the leader of the pack... So asking it to be wrong for once implies it's always right. The good news is.. it is not always right. We pray!

38 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s amazing how borderline temps are. All over New England. I can’t recall anything like it. Winds go NW and it struggles to drop to 32 lol.

mm ... roughly along a line from Portsmouth NH to Springfield VT and N are < 25 F, with DPs in the upper teens and lower 20s.  That's a bit below 'marginality'  - that has me wondering actually.  Particularly as this weak low along the front is passing roughly 75 W longitude, and that modestly denser low level air may get tapped and tucked.   

You're right in the general sense that it is marginal everywhere below that approximate latitude above, but that's also nearby and could affect phase one of this QPF "if" ageo were to even 10kts.   I wouldn't bother mentioning if that cold BL lurking/hanging over top wasn't there...  This is a pretty classic "cold capping" scenario in that area as they are quickly/densely overcasting as of dawn with zip gradient for mixing.  

image.png.efee30b1619dfc4f826880a79402a1e6.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What is going on , I.e the mechanism for the back side snows of high intensity hanging back so far west 

The nrn part of the trough moving in starts to pinch off and close. When that happens, the CCB starts develop and you get a nice happy ending.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

mm ... roughly along a line from Portsmouth NH to Springfield VT and N are < 25 F, with DPs in the upper teens and lower 20s.  That's a bit below 'marginality'  - that has me wondering actually.  Particularly as this weak low along the front is passing roughly 75 W longitude, and that modestly denser low level air may get tapped and tucked.   

You're right in the general sense that it is marginal everywhere below that approximate latitude above, but that's also nearby and could effect phase one of this QPF "if" ageo were to even 10kts.   I wouldn't bother mentioning if that cold BL lurking/hanging over top wasn't there...  This is a pretty classic "cold capping" scenario in that area as they are quickly/densely overcasting as of dawn with zip gradient for mixing.  

image.png.efee30b1619dfc4f826880a79402a1e6.png

I was more talking  about tomorrow, but I do know what you mean. You wonder if the lower levels are modeled a little warm by a few degrees. That typically can/does happen, but lately hasn’t really materialized due to the lack of cold.