• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 23rd Storm Threat: keeping positive vibes, ending chances of futility

TalcottWx

Even though the NAM rains into NH it still drops a couple inches here on front end.  I foresee two rounds of shoveling with this one.  
Snowblower is not fixed yet so I need to decide if I’m calling the plow guy or not.  Shoveling 90’ driveway  of heavy wet snow is not in the best interest of my back. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I was more talking  about tomorrow, but I do know what you mean. You wonder if the lower levels are modeled a little warm by a few degrees. That typically can/does happen, but lately hasn’t really materialized due to the lack of cold. 

yeah, ..just trying to raise awareness - we may be a bit rusty on these environmental feed-back headaches. 

I'm wonder if some of the 'rain' along Rt 2 converts to ZR prior to the column collapse snow burst tomorrow afternoon, and that could creep down eastern flank of Worcester/Watchusetts spine

Not to poke the hornet's nest but this sorta feels like a 'when does the dam break' scenario. 

We keep seeing these models edging the big deal, and falling short ...but the next series seems to look a little closer to doing that - ... maybe they'll fight to hold back the inevitable right into now-cast when Springfield Mass is in 1/4 mi vis  5::1 pillows falling or something like that...  Talking phase 1.  I mean I'm not forecasting that, but like Will being spooked about positive busts... it does kinda sorta head scratch a last minute cave.

Phase 2 tomorrow, I've never been a fan of the old backlash - too many sorted memories of TV mets in the 1980s.  However, it occurs to me that this situation isn't quite a backlash scenario.  What is actually happening ( synoptic evolution ) is that the models are early in triggering a "main low" along the baroclinic axis as it cross the NJ shore and races by the Islands... The mid level ( 700 to 400 mb) jet mechanics are actually still way the hell and gone back SW ...and as that intense max wind core torpedos by ( 2deg lat S of the Pike and right on climate btw!), physics take over and column goes unstable over the top of a near fully saturated column.  The resulting UVM is over a large area because all of that is spatially largely taking place aloft. And thus establishes cyclonic curvature ... back along/under the N exit-entrance relay of the jet maxing.  

In other words, that's not a backlash scenario.  I don't know what we call that... it's like a smeared out coastal that is trying (the models) to disconnect the WAA phase from a more proper Norwegian cyclone model cross-section.

Thank you - I enjoyed typing this ... despite not many understanding wtf it means.   

Back to the original sentiment.  Phase 1 and 2 being sort of separate chapters in this story, I could picture both just finally going colder.  It seems the correction vectoring has been pointed there and these runs are holding back that weight.  So this part is less analytic and more angels on shoulders I guess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not to poke the hornet's nest but this sorta feels like a 'when does the dam break' scenario. 

We keep seeing these models edging the big deal, and falling short ...but the next series seems to look a little closer to doing that - ... maybe they'll fight to hold back the inevitable right into now-cast when Springfield Mass is in 1/4 mi vis  5::1 pillows falling or something like that...  Talking phase 1.  I mean I'm not forecasting that, but like Will being spooked about positive busts... it does kinda sorta head scratch a last minute cave.

Phase 2 tomorrow, I've never been a fan of the old backlash - to many sorted memories of TV mets in the 1980s.  However, it occurs to me that this situation isn't quite a backlash scenario.  What is actually happening ( synoptic evolution ) is that the models are actually early in triggering a "main low" along the baroclinic axis as it cross the NJ shore and races by the Islands... The mid level ( 700 to 400 mb) jet mechanics are actually still way the hell and gone back SW ...and as that intense max wind core torpedos by ( 2deg lat S of the Pike and right on climate btw!), physics take over and column goes unstable over the top of a near fully saturated column and an established cyclonic curvature establish back along the N exit-entrance relay of the jet maxes.  

In other words, that's not a backlash scenario.  I don't know what we call that... it's like a smeared out coastal that is trying (the models) to disconnect the WAA phase from a more proper Norwegian cyclone model cross-section.

Thank you - I enjoyed typing this ... despite not many understanding wtf it means.   

Back to the original sentiment.  Phase 1 and 2 being sort of separate chapters in this story, I could picture both just finally going colder.  It seems the correction vectoring has been pointed there and these runs are holding back that weight.  So this part is less analytic and more angels on shoulders I guess.

78ctwy.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4