Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 23rd Storm Threat: keeping positive vibes, ending chances of futility

TalcottWx

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I feel like 2-3" will be it here....maybe slight net gain.

It looks like the Monday stuff is real and that’s where most of the snow south of NH border will come from. I’m skeptical of crazy 1-2” per hour stuff but I could see a 6-8 hour period of light to moderate snow that dumps 2-3”. 

1 minute ago, Torch Tiger said:

what about the snowmobile trails and etc.?  Dryslot?  Winterwolf? 

wishing and willing this one north.  Besides the NAM has 3-4" here, that's too much.  1" would be fine

Wish everyone could get what they wanted.   Alas, that rarely happens.  1” is still in play in your hood.  And in mine

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It looks like the Monday stuff is real and that’s where most of the snow south of NH border will come from. I’m skeptical of crazy 1-2” per hour stuff but I could see a 6-8 hour period of light to moderate snow that dumps 2-3”. 

Yea, and even that is a win, considering.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Wish everyone could get what they wanted.   Alas, that rarely happens.  1” is still in play in your hood.  And in mine

We can wish and hope for what we want.Though I'm not in love with the NAM in particular, it's useful at this range.  I hope it misses, but yeah 1" is probably go to happen.

15 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

what about the snowmobile trails and etc.?  Dryslot?  Winterwolf? 

wishing and willing this one north.  Besides the NAM has 3-4" here, that's too much.  1" would be fine

What about the trails lol? There rocking, I'll be up there next week.

Untitled.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Knowledge is power, which is why Omega is the better troll.

A lot of these vibes this year.

“Well, if it rains enough, the snow will melt.  So don’t try to act satisfied or enjoy it. And then if it does melt you’ll be sad and I’ll get some odd satisfaction from that.”

Or

”The pattern might only be favorable for 2-3 weeks, then we probably go right back to shit.  So you all should just focus on that and be miserable, instead of trying to enjoy the favorable period.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

“Well, if it rains enough, the snow will melt.  So don’t try to act satisfied or enjoy it. And then if it does melt you’ll be sad and I’ll get some odd satisfaction from that.”

Or

”The pattern might only be favorable for 2-3 weeks, then we probably go right back to shit.  So you all should just focus on that and be miserable, instead of trying to enjoy the favorable period.”

The best ones i like is when some think the ski areas will be wiped clean on cutters.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Or

Call um as you see 'em. If people don't like the pessimism of some folk's forecasts then prove them wrong. So far they've been right...

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The best ones i like is when some think the ski areas will be wiped clean on cutters.

Unseasonably warm temperatures and a lack of snow in the Northeast have forced some popular ski resorts in the region to temporarily close.

The Northeast saw numerous record-high temperatures to start the new year, melting a good portion of the region's snowpack.

For Vermont ski resorts, the warm temperatures continued to diminish snowpack and hinder any chances for either natural or manmade snow.

https://www.foxweather.com/lifestyle/popular-northeast-ski-resorts-forced-close-vermont

7 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Call um as you see 'em. If people don't like the pessimism of some folk's forecasts then prove them wrong. So far they've been right...

The irony is that the vast majority of trolls don't offer any forecast...instead opting to simply quote a slew of tweets reflecting their agenda.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The irony is that the cast majority of trolls don't offer any forecast...instead opting to simply quote a slew of tweets reflecting their agenda.

I’m fine with pessimism as long as it’s backed up by some legit meteorology. But when they aren’t and it’s clearly an attempt to troll, then there’s a reason the reactions are what they are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Unseasonably warm temperatures and a lack of snow in the Northeast have forced some popular ski resorts in the region to temporarily close.

The Northeast saw numerous record-high temperatures to start the new year, melting a good portion of the region's snowpack.

For Vermont ski resorts, the warm temperatures continued to diminish snowpack and hinder any chances for either natural or manmade snow.

https://www.foxweather.com/lifestyle/popular-northeast-ski-resorts-forced-close-vermont

The strong with unlimited resources survive, They take advantage of all opportunitys to make it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Have have the slew of tweets been wrong?

Not all of them....some have. My point isn't that cold is always the way to go, but rather that the intention of a troll isn't to add value, but rather detract in a passive aggressive manner by attempting to elicit negative reaction. This is why most of their presentations assume a lazy approach, such as tweet quotes, aside from any concerted forecasting effort. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Yeah for sure, it depends on everyone’s perspective on what they’ve experienced so far and that’s what they project to other people.  

Like I’ve never seen guys like you and DIT so down and out. Up here, it’s not been a good winter but I’ve somehow managed snow cover for the most part since like mid-November. Not deep winter but white outside. I can’t see the everything is wrong all the time side, but if it rained 7 straight times in mid-winter, I don’t blame many of you.

These winters that are tough certainly see folks projecting all sorts of vibes based on what they see outside.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’m fine with pessimism as long as it’s backed up by some legit meteorology. But when they aren’t and it’s clearly an attempt to troll, then there’s a reason the reactions are what they are. 

With or without meteorology what are you to do when the trolls are right?