Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 23rd Storm Threat: keeping positive vibes, ending chances of futility

TalcottWx

8 minutes ago, kdxken said:

With or without meteorology what are you to do when the trolls are right?

It’s meaningless…without any real discussion, you might as well debate whether a coin flip will be heads or tails. Yeah someone will be correct, but it doesn’t mean anything when there was no skill to it. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s meaningless…without any real discussion, you might as well debate whether a coin flip will be heads or tails. Yeah someone will be correct, but it doesn’t mean anything when there was no skill to it. 

Yo watching this backside . Some potential here if we can slow it down 3 hrs.

6 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I don't know, I don't get in pissing matches or troll. But right is right, right?

I agree, I wouldn't say you are a troll. Yes, sometimes trolls are right....being a troll and right are not mutually exclusive.

Doesn't mean they aren't dicks or add much to the discussion. By the same token, we have guys on the other end of the spectrum that take shit for always calling for blizzards.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

Looking at the radar I’m not sure how we would call that a swfe.  Miller B

I don't think this event has ever really been a true SWFE. It’s mostly been a coastal (albeit a hugger at times) once we were inside of 4-5 days. It just has no high pressure so most of the solutions have been pretty warm. 

• Like 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I don't think this event has ever really been a true SWFE. It’s mostly been a coastal (albeit a hugger at times) once we were inside of 4-5 days. It just has no high pressure so most of the solutions have been pretty warm. 

Agree. It’s a transfer of energy around the mid-Atlantic it appears. It’s not a Miller a because of the primary running up west of the Appalachian.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

They discuss. Folks just don't like their point of view. I kind of look at it from a football perspective, If some NFL expert says the Patriots are going to go 16 and 0 because they have the best quarterback and wide receivers and they go 0 -16 I really don't give a s*** .  I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yo watching this backside . Some potential here if we can slow it down 3 hrs.

Yeah I’m not super impressed by the CCB right now. I think the sfc low is prob gonna outrun things a little too much to make this really good…but I can see maybe a good 4-6 hour burst in marginal temps that drops a couple inches….maybe a little more if lucky. 

I’d love to be wrong…there is still some upside bust potential here. So I’ll keep an eye on the short term stuff tomorrow and tomorrow night. Phase 1 of the storm looks like 90% rain here…so not all that interested in that south of N ORH hills. 

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Branches start to go at 6 heavy wet. Good luck hope ya get free downed trees 

I wonder if there was damage around here due to the first part of the storm having the snow/sleet/rain combo. That built up a thin layer on branches etc. the snow on Friday during the day was low ratio but it clung to the branches like it was heavy and wet.  Saw some big branches down.  

2 minutes ago, kdxken said:

They discuss. Folks just don't like their point of view. I kind of look at it from a football perspective, If some NFL expert says the Patriots are going to go 16 and 0 because they have the best quarterback and wide receivers and they go 0 -16 I really don't give a s*** .  I'll leave it at that.

I’ll just say that there are some select posters who have a long track record going back many years (in some cases a decade plus) before this winter and there’s a reason if any of them have restrictions on their account. I’ll leave it at that as well. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Yeah but if if I say that at the beginning of the season and then only say “No changes” on my show each week, you’re not tuning in to watch, I’m adding nothing. 

8 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Ha that’s like a Giants fan that hates the Patriots saying “Screw the Pats, they are going 0-16 this season. F*ck ‘em.”

I guess they would be correct if the Pats go 0-16?  But no one is patting them on the back saying “Hey, solid analysis. Your deep understanding of football teams there really showed.”

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Ha that’s like a Giants fan that hates the Patriots saying “Screw the Pats, they are going 0-16 this season. F*ck ‘em.”

I guess they would be correct?  But no one is patting them on the back saying hey, solid analysis.

On the flip side, the guy who predicted the Patriots going 16-0 is out a job. Correct analysis (at least in his head) be damned. That New York douchebag would likely be hired as a coordinator.

• Confused 1