Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is a teaching moment . You can’t feel like you’re forecasting in December when you’re calling for 50’s. Because it’s not normal . In Morch it is . High temps in Dec avg colder . So when you lose the month.. you really do lose 

There’s been a stretch of days with highs between 55 to 65 almost every winter.  It’s pretty normal. We had a stretch of 70s in January I think in 2019? 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Sometimes it still does..Dec 12, Dec 17, Dec 19, Dec 20…but some times it doesn’t.  Just the way it goes in SNE. 

I'm currently going through a ton of archival data from my area anyway, and from what I've seen so far, early to mid March is much more of a snow producer than mid to late December, there are exception, but on average, March is a snowier month, at least for mby and generally SNE...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

In the higher elevations the max temp is colder early to almost mid March compared to early to mid December. You continue to make stuff up. 

ORH has almost the same max temp 12/15 to 3/15 (near 40F).

Whats interesting is the record max on 12/15 is 61F where 3/15 is 81F… despite about the same mean temperatures.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Scooter high Scooter low,

show me that, and it will snow. 

That man high has been showing up a bit more on various runs. Even some of the EPS members had it. It’s watchable at least. Better than nothing to track. 

Also, getting an event on 1/5 would be a bit of a bonus when we were mostly writing off until at least 1/8-1/9

• Like 2

That man high has been showing up a bit more on various runs. Even some of the EPS members had it. It’s watchable at least. Better than nothing to track. 

Also, getting an event on 1/5 would be a bit of a bonus when we were mostly writing off until at least 1/8-1/9

It’s able to build in HP because of some TPV energy that dives south, wave has some separation and HP build behind. It’s actually a different wave vs last nights 00z/6z runs that showed the coastal event.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The midweek system next week? That’s a warm rainer on all guidance . It’s the follow up wave 

46 minutes ago, Heisy said:

It’s able to build in HP because of some TPV energy that dives south, wave has some separation and HP build behind. It’s actually a different wave vs last nights 00z/6z runs that showed the coastal event.

It’s nice to see but it’s a long shot at hour 180 given the thread the needle set up that we know all 2 well 

• Sad 1