Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just need something.. anything to give me something wx wise to look forward to. Last week at least I had the HWW. There’s literally nothing . Not sure the last time we’ve gone over a month with nothing 

Let the wife know your booking a flight to Tahoe , we will have a great time . Feet of snow and you’ll see your DILFS in the lodge And I’ll see my MiLfs

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The future is uncertain, and when it hasn't snowed yet for much of the region, the default setting is reverse psych. I have 2" on the year after a -6SD NAO block..yea, I lost my shit, but you have to get over it and try to be objective moving forward.

If it doesn’t work out so be it. I’ve learned not to really care as much anymore as I get older. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Imagine being a snow obsessed cop in NYC that hates warmth. Not much to look forward to...ever.

Part of it is because I enjoy hot summers. At least we do those now. 

Regardless, this pattern sort of reminds of of those meh patterns that can deliver, especially interior.

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If it doesn’t work out so be it. I’ve learned not to really care as much anymore as I get older. 

exactly.  it is important to live in the moment, not in the unknowable future.  we have literally no control over it anyhow.  when I let go of obsessing about it I enjoy each day more and then really appreciate when the snows come.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Part of it is because I enjoy hot summers. At least we do those now. 

Regardless, this pattern sort of reminds of of those meh patterns that can deliver, especially interior.

Yeah actually I think it will snow here by Jan 10 and then with some frequency just after.  I go to Krakow 2nd week of January and expect to see snow on the ground upon my return the night of Jan 11.  Unfortunately the weather in Krakow isn't forecast to be that cold while I'm there.

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

do you have a greenhouse?  tomato seeds in February for some early tomatoes, then in March for the August ones.

Not yet. I usually start them late winter under the grow lights and then tediously move them in and out depending on temps and sun so they don't start getting leggy. I didn't do any last year...not sure about this year. I have a bunch of pawpaws I need to germinate though.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah we'll pull an event or two off here in the next couple of weeks. Usually when we got multiple weeks without anything it's due to suppression depression. It's pretty easy to sneak in a couple of inches from WAA or S to R/ZR. I hate how long winter is up here so anytime we can shorten the season and potentially compress it into a few fun weeks of deep winter I'm all for it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not yet. I usually start them late winter under the grow lights and then tediously move them in and out depending on temps and sun so they don't start getting leggy. I didn't do any last year...not sure about this year. I have a bunch of pawpaws I need to germinate though.

I just buy the tomato seedlings...they are so cheap for a 6-pack.  But it is fun to grow them start to finish, tedious though it is.

6 minutes ago, 512high said:

WTF ! What's going on in here! lol ganging up on Kevin like bullies!

We’re just worried about him. 

Sometimes we have to whip him back into winter mode, even if it means dragging him there while kicking and screaming. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4