Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, FPizz said:

80s averaged more snow down here than the 90s.  

There were some good mid-Atlantic winters that decade. Esp southern and coastal mid-Atlantic. Like jersey shore area down to Delmarva. 

But they were brutal up here. There were basically 3 solid winters that decade but no true blockbuster winters. ‘86-87 was close I guess. And there were some awful rats. Just god-awful snow totals in spots multiple years. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There were some good mid-Atlantic winters that decade. Esp southern and coastal mid-Atlantic. Like jersey shore area down to Delmarva. 

But they were brutal up here. There were basically 3 solid winters that decade but no true blockbuster winters. ‘86-87 was close I guess. And there were some awful rats. Just god-awful snow totals in spots multiple years. 

Even in Philly, some of the big storms slammed just SE of men with epicosity.  I remember the disappointment watching  heavy snow in South Jersey on the Philly network tv shows.

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The last 12 years of the past 2 cold AMO phases, basically 82-94 and 32-44 the MA southward cleaned up in the snow department...whether thats a statistical significance I don't know but it was pointed out to me once years ago how well places like ORF/RDU/CLT/ATL/BNA did in those two 12 year stretches relatively speaking as far as snow and even cold...it would make some sense they'd benefit from a cold Atlantic as a whole because the warmer phase, even back then probably was conducive to some degree of a WAR

6 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The last 12 years of the past 2 cold AMO phases, basically 82-94 and 32-44 the MA southward cleaned up in the snow department...whether thats a statistical significance I don't know but it was pointed out to me once years ago how well places like ORF/RDU/CLT/ATL/BNA did in those two 12 year stretches relatively speaking as far as snow and even cold...it would make some sense they'd benefit from a cold Atlantic as a whole because the warmer phase, even back then probably was conducive to some degree of a WAR

Yeah it’s possible there’s a connection. Those were both brutal stretches here too. That ‘32-44 stretch was nearly as bad as the ‘79-‘92 stretch here. 

5 hours ago, Heisy said:

No other game in town, both GFS & CMC tried to sneak in a redeveloper around same time frame. GFS just too far south and CMC a little messy, but trackable I suppose. PAC flow is so fast it hurts our chances unfortunately
7f79a0f0f0f62841b34c02d131af4b89.jpg

6Z GFS op is about the only thing interesting I see this a.m. Now lets see it shuffle that chance a dozen times between now and the 6th

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

How the hell did that kid get up there? Reminds of those highway signs with graffiti. You have to be a trapeze artist from Barnum and Bailey to do that lol. 

I marvel at highway graffiti as well. I can never wrap my mind around on how they were able to do it. Looks like only spider man could.

• Like 1