Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I said these things this morning .  Exact same set up with regard to the days of the week, which just two weeks ago today the xmas storm went to dung on Friday the 23rd. Now this just did the same thing . The irony. 

The only difference astray mentioned, was that it was the Canadian that led the way with the dung look, and it was right. Now it’s the European. 

It was a Friday....I remember trying to catch up on notes leading into Xmas wknd, then the EURO came out and I lost all motivation and went to the GYM. lol

I think folks need to start taking a changing climate into account. Or more than they are now. There is a bigger reason why this winter is a non starter. Hopefully someone will drill down in the off season and find it. It's painful to think that this is just the beginning of our rat winters, but it might be. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Hazey said:

I think folks need to start taking a changing climate into account. Or more than they are now. There is a bigger reason why this winter is a non starter. Hopefully someone will drill down in the off season and find it. It's painful to think that this is just the beginning of our rat winters, but it might be. 

Having a 50/50 and PV lobe both evaporate into thin air would have led to rain on the pilgrims.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Hazey said:

There were shitty winters even pre-Industrial era. We need to flush the atmosphere of this prolonged Nina crap we've been in. Now I don't want to be the one to count my chickens before they shit, but I am willing to bet (and I don't have scientific reasoning to back this now) that next winter will begin what will be a solid several year stretch. 

We go through these cycles of several meh years and several great years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The Winni ice fishing derby is in deeper doo doo than Steve’s yard this season.

I remember them pushing it back a couple years. I'm almost positive one of them was 07, but Im not sure if they fully canceled it. They will probably still try to have it as long as Merideth Bay is safe. You can technically fish any legal lake in NH and register the fish at Merideth Bay headquarters, so they still try to sneak it in if winni isn't totally covered

11 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

There were shitty winters even pre-Industrial era. We need to flush the atmosphere of this prolonged Nina crap we've been in. Now I don't want to be the one to count my chickens before they shit, but I am willing to bet (and I don't have scientific reasoning to back this now) that next winter will begin what will be a solid several year stretch. 

I was thinking something like that.  Next winter is already more interesting than this winter, as much due to the fact that it isn't ruined yet.  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Hazey said:

I choose not to bring it up in the court of the lord of the flies. 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

You’re setting sights on next year like this year is already over lol.  

I just posted though it does feel more springlike out there like we’re stuck in some kind of limbo maybe an extended autumn but if it goes on much longer whence the sun angle starts coming back, it really will start transitioning into an early spring.

… we simply cannot sustain winter without cold air duh.  

But… I’m just old enough and have experience just enough in this Kocamemi game to not throw in the towel on Jan 6 – no way. I’m speaking speculatively if we divorce from a winter hemisphere like this … we can’t add sun and expect aspects to break in favor of winter enthusiasts. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, dryslot said:

As there is many more in trouble to fall in the region.

Flying Pond looked okay on Wednesday - no one fishing but saw a number of auger holes made since the big deluge.  Will try there tomorrow, first ice fishing since March 2021 thanks to the 21-22 A-fib experience.  Other than the Fort Kent years, where one needs a power auger, snowmobile and ice shack (I'm 0-for-3), I've never skipped an ice fishing season since I was about 10.
Light SN since 9, about 2/3 inch new.  Doesn't take much to pretty up the woods.

• Like 1