Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

She's a stubborn biatch. 

Even the stubborn ones eventually submit to the power of the interior hills on 925 tracks over the Cape. It's just a matter of time....tick tock. The only way out of embarrassment is to trend it back NW.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, masonwoods said:

It would be funny if the only thing Tip got wrong was calling it a "Medium Impact" event.

Lol

but actually … if it snows prodigiously enough east of ~ HFD-ASH line the original assessment would have been off altho … I was pointing out that an eastward adjustment would not be altogether unexpected. 

Also … moderate vs minor vs major. Heh. Subjective.  To me 10 inches is moderate and I don’t think we’re getting 10 inches because if we do it’s gonna be 8::3 1QPF hahaha would be almost 2 inches lol.  

actually … Ha. We could be trending towards CCB strike over the eastern part of the AFD In which case… we bring the 850 therm down to the surface and we end up with an iso thermal -1 Celsius …even get blowing snow off the eaves as a wtf’er event 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Even the stubborn ones eventually submit to the power of the interior hills on 925 tracks over the Cape. It's just a matter of time....tick tock. The only way out of embarrassment is to trend it back NW.

It's just weird to me. Usually Euro shows that kind of solution...it's like the warmest of all guidance now. I guess we'll see. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's just weird to me. Usually Euro shows that kind of solution...it's like the warmest of all guidance now. I guess we'll see. 

One thing I noticed on the Euro is that the vort max we see on most other guidance on the front side of the trough is a lot weaker. I wonder if that is playing a role...generally weaker dynamics (and weaker height falls)?

See below....here's the GFS

image.png.b30fb69ba36e2b50cb6aa2b4eb49ef57.png

1 hour ago, Connecticut Appleman said:

Liking the general trends here.  I'm heading into my 5th winter here and I'm at 1,000 feet which has not been much of factor since moving here.  I came from Ellington to New Hartford and hopefully the elevation will pay off this time. 

More times than not it will. I lived in New Hartford between 2012 and 2014 and just those two winters there I saw it compared to Simsbury. Although definitely not as much as if you were up in say Granville MA

1 minute ago, UnitedWx said:

More times than not it will. I lived in New Hartford between 2012 and 2014 and just those two winters there I saw it compared to Simsbury. Although definitely not as much as if you were up in say Granville MA

New Hartford at 1,000 feet should get crushed in this event

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

That would be great. It’s been a rough go of it for local clubs outside of the county 

And it's pretty skinny even up there after several RA events, unless one can start above 1000'.  Deepest depth on this morning's cocorahs was 3.5" at New Sweden.  PQI was next with 2", all of which came from the retro.

Just looked at the 12z GFS. Looks like some good frontogenesis at the height of passage. Temps look a bit high at 850, 925 include surface out to about ORH, that could be where the CF sets-up. Surface reflection tracking a little too far N and W but might be enough time to correct for a score.
Going to be close. haves to have nots with a huge gradient.