Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Even here?

Yeah it hammered most of E MA with big CCB overnight. Remains to be seen if that will materialize, but we follow. Ukie verbatim was pretty warm, but it's always warm in the low levels and it's been cooling as we get closer. The track is more important to me on that model and the track looks lot more like the GFS.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If you bake in UK’s warm bias in the ML’s, the solution is even better.

The track is almost perfect....850 stays below freezing for everyone N of MA/RI border now on the Ukie, but it's still trying to furnace 925 (but it cooled a decent amount there too versus prior runs)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it hammered most of E MA with big CCB overnight. Remains to be seen if that will materialize, but we follow. Ukie verbatim was pretty warm, but it's always warm in the low levels and it's been cooling as we get closer. The track is more important to me on that model and the track looks lot more like the GFS.

You mean Friday late nite Into Saturday noonish right 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

God, it would be nice to get some nice wraparound after the rain. I honestly can’t count many times that’s worked out here though.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The track is almost perfect....850 stays below freezing for everyone N of MA/RI border now on the Ukie, but it's still trying to furnace 925 (but it cooled a decent amount there too versus prior runs)

depending on how the Euro looks maybe they issue watches this afternoon

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

God, it would be nice to get some nice wraparound after the rain. I honestly can’t count many times that’s worked out here though.

There are rules for "Wrap around" working out....the biggest rule is keeping the ML centers to your south....very hard to do good wrap around when you are ripping 850mb out of the NW or even NNW which tends to dry out the atmosphere. You want it still coming out the NE to give good moisture advection. The runs that give good CCB wrap around are doing that....GFS/Ukie....even RGEM though RGEM was a little more precarious. PRob better up by Ray's hood on RGEM wraparound.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There are rules for "Wrap around" working out....the biggest rule is keeping the ML centers to your south....very hard to do good wrap around when you are ripping 850mb out of the NW or even NNW which tends to dry out the atmosphere. You want it still coming out the NE to give good moisture advection. The runs that give good CCB wrap around are doing that....GFS/Ukie....even RGEM though RGEM was a little more precarious. PRob better up by Ray's hood on RGEM wraparound.

Here's an example on GFS....this is 06z Saturday (late Fri night)....look where the 850 low is here at this point...its still down by Islands so you are getting great easterly inflow

image.png.95faf925da0beead84decc5920bedc74.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spaizzo said:

Is CT out of the snow game? Talking upper New Haven County. Trying to see if we need to rearrange a Christmas party

Elevation will be a necessity in Derby to grab a few inches.  Theres some 300-400' elevation there on the "hilltop", however down along the river valley has no shot in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

As is, pretty good for wct verbatim clown. More favorable ticks until go time and more get involved. Caveat being the gfs winning the trophy of course. 

sn10_acc.us_ne.png 

I see things still didn't improve with the GFS and coastal systems over the past few days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I don’t see it that way though. Catching east zones on the way out doesn’t equate to taking WOR snows away. 

I have 4 kids that have been either screaming at each other or me today, it is just one of those days. Just need that GFS that has been steadfast for 48 hours to actually be right this time. Lol...please?!?!