• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

So long as the 700 mb… and probably 850 as well, stay below Worcester to Logan axis this scenario has probably got about the best shot at a marginality surprise/blue snow event as can be set up around here. classic December of lore… Really.

Now whether that happens or not comes down to I don’t know micro scale permutations that can’t really be predicted or seen. 

probably not a total analog? but I do agree that the first of the duel events in 1996 reminds me of this. I remember when that thing flipped over to aggregates I was between Acton and UML making the commute back up to school when that happening and I never saw the roads deteriorate so fast. Shows when you’re raining at sultry mid 30s how cold surfaces are. Right as the rain flipped to cotten balls … everything was white and there were slush ruts on the roadway sfc very quickly 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My money is on his account of the "Stay Away" order being served as the rain/snow line swept through the campus under the din of Hustler mags.

@CoastalWx @STILL N OF PIKE

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

So long as the 700 mb… and probably 850 as well, stay below Worcester to Logan axis this scenario has probably got about the best shot at a marginality surprise/blue snow event as can be set up around here. classic December of lore… Really.

Now whether that happens or not comes down to I don’t know micro scale permutations that can’t really be predicted or seen. 

probably not a total analog? but I do agree that the first of the duel events in 1996 reminds me of this. I remember when that things flipped over to aggregates I was between Acton and lol making the commute back up to school when that happening I never saw the roads deteriorate so fast. Shows when you’re raining at sultry mid 30s how cold surfaces are. Right as the rain flipped to cotten balls … everything was white and there were slush rut on the roadway sfc very quickly 

:lol: :lol:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It’s either that or fox hall 

Ha … 

No I’m battling with my phone’s unrelenting attempt to turn whatever I write into utter twaddle that’s unintelligible ..,while sitting in a droning code meeting that I struggle to find so much as a modicum of passion for

• Like 3

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I just looked at 925 loop only of gfs and that looks yummy and slow . i mean ...if only that Saturday period would do that 

20-burger in ORH county with that look....not forecasting that right now, but these slower "meandering eastward" type solutions have some pretty high positive bust potential in those areas...and maybe positive bust too for eastern MA coastal plain too if that collapse SE during CCB overnight Friday night happens....still a big if on that part. NAM didn't really show that, but GFS/RGEM did.

• Like 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

That run was great for western CT.

I'm right on the Farmington line in Plainville. I'm also up about 550'. These trends are definitely my friend here. But, I'm going in cautiously. I'd rather be surprised on the flip to snow Friday and not disappointed if it does not flip over. 

I do love these scenarios though... Kind of keeps us in suspense ( not that I don't like knowing we are getting 2' as an absolute ). 

We shall see. There is plenty more Winter to come over the next months.

• Like 2