Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, NW_of_GYX said:

seems to be some good model consensus for 1.25-.5" QPF for my area enough cold in place. Even with less than 10:1 I'm thinking 8" is a lock and I like where I am. This area just at the southern end of the foothills can do really well in coastal setups.

With an east fetch you will.

6 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

While every other model had it cutting into the Hudson it was the first to catch onto the eastern and colder shift. 

I didn't see any go up the hudson, Over LI-KEV and over PWM i saw, Somebody mentioned some where on here that box had tossed it in their AFD, No?

3 minutes ago, tunafish said:

we could have total consensus and a forecast from GYX for a 20 burger and he'd still 'meh' it through the first 6 hours of the event.

His area has had it rough for years so he’s jaded. Amazing the difference 10 miles of latitude has made in the lake region over the past 7-8 years. 

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I didn't see any go up the hudson, Over LI-KEV and over PWM i saw, Somebody mentioned some where on here that box had tossed it in their AFD, No?

Ya euro gfs candian were over Hudson on Sunday Monday.  Then gfs gradually started shifting others have caught on about 6 runs later. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

From this mornings AFD

All other guidance sources
are farther north, so we will disregard the GFS and its ensembles
for this portion of the forecast.
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

His area has had it rough for years so he’s jaded. Amazing the difference 10 miles of latitude has made in the lake region over the past 7-8 years. 

It's been BN for everyone up here, but by comparison I'm 10/30/20" +/- BN the past 3 years, respectively.  I'm obviously a different climo than you guys, but he'd be jaded and complain with those amount AN.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

From this mornings AFD

All other guidance sources
are farther north, so we will disregard the GFS and its ensembles
for this portion of the forecast.

Here’s more 

MA. GFS
and its ensembles continue to display their cold bias, with frontal
boundary displaced farther south, which results in frontal wave
tracking offshore, south of New England.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tunafish said:

It's been BN for everyone up here, but by comparison I'm 10/30/20" +/- BN the past 3 years, respectively.  I'm obviously a different climo than you guys, but he'd be jaded and complain with those amount AN.

If he can ride local he’ll be happy. Long range hopes and glimmers he might be before the new year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

BOX pnc and Wunderground app still has my area almost 100% rain.

I assume 4PM there will be some changes

i have always noticed wunderground to be at least 1 model cycle behind. whatever model it uses, it is seemingly behind the 8-ball 

4 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

we cash on these while places to our north miss out on the juice and south has ptype issues. Not spiking the football but looks to be an above average storm incoming 

I like living on the border of GYX and CAR so I just click back and forth over the county line to see who is giving us more snow, usually the one that gives us less snow wins though, haha.

Hoping for 6 inches + of paste to set a base, then another 6 inches on top of that next week and we'd be grooming by Christmas day for the first time since 2019.