Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,499
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    whatweather
    Newest Member
    whatweather
    Joined

New England Met Winter 2022-2023 Banter


HoarfrostHubb
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, powderfreak said:

This stuff out of Lake Tahoe is wild.  Snowpack out there is at the height of power lines now, telling kids not to swing from them.

This couple trying to keep their entrance to their house going.  That’s borderline worrisome if that’s how you access your home, ha.

F5F107B0-DFB1-4260-88ED-B06C0DA7BC32.thumb.jpeg.b4c5fd3c68598c66688796b51a773b68.jpeg

3C02885A-6B70-4EFE-A9FB-21D2CD221F65.thumb.jpeg.9d4b0f039ac775b76b388cceadc39abd.jpeg

1915E3CD-2DA9-4D52-BF4A-9EA5C6C463CB.thumb.jpeg.df0484f5c438ca917d2c7292d4606cdf.jpeg

4EBB2061-751D-4466-9989-10F8B6FD5EBD.thumb.jpeg.200c1be2f759fd1c1af800b926edc2b1.jpeg

2nd pic looks something like your avatar, except that it's real size.  :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like some on this board may have a week of their dreams next week: a HECS and a potentially devastating credit/ liquidity US banking crisis to watch unfold while snowed in.

As someone who has significant funds at SVB obviously hope that’s not the case but getting skittish and might pull everything at open tomm. Which is what a good ole fashioned bank run is… so?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

Looks like some on this board may have a week of their dreams next week: a HECS and a potentially devastating credit/ liquidity US banking crisis to watch unfold while snowed in.

As someone who has significant funds at SVB obviously hope that’s not the case but getting skittish and might pull everything at open tomm. Which is what a good ole fashioned bank run is… so?

 

 

cramer.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Supernovice said:

Looks like some on this board may have a week of their dreams next week: a HECS and a potentially devastating credit/ liquidity US banking crisis to watch unfold while snowed in.

As someone who has significant funds at SVB obviously hope that’s not the case but getting skittish and might pull everything at open tomm. Which is what a good ole fashioned bank run is… so?

 

 

I am in an inverse bear ETF for Tesla called TSLQ. I am up 10% since Tuesday. And those are shares, not options.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TalcottWx said:

I am in an inverse bear ETF for Tesla called TSLQ. I am up 10% since Tuesday. And those are shares, not options.

Those levered etf’s reset their NAV’s daily- you’re going to get chewed up by fees if you hold that- designed for a day or less holding period.

Also- what do you think the underlying is of that etf?( hint: rhymes with whaptions)

anyways back to your regularly scheduled programming.

edit: as of this moment 1:30pm, ~$3.5mm gone lolz. see ya SVB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Supernovice said:

Looks like some on this board may have a week of their dreams next week: a HECS and a potentially devastating credit/ liquidity US banking crisis to watch unfold while snowed in.

As someone who has significant funds at SVB obviously hope that’s not the case but getting skittish and might pull everything at open tomm. Which is what a good ole fashioned bank run is… so?

 

Apparently Cramer recommended buying Silicon last month at like $250+ a share. That guy’s record is unparalleled. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/9/2023 at 1:09 AM, The 4 Seasons said:

Got a new toy to play with. Finally got around to make a SNE, CT/MA/RI map. So i'll be able to some forecasts and analysis for this region now. Too bad this winter sucks...

03_08.23_jdj_ct_ma_ri_template_black_font_blank.thumb.jpg.7b4313778300e6bd6b9143ed1757f1b5.jpg

I think that map looks perfect for this winter. At least imby. You can trim as needed from there.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/9/2023 at 10:22 PM, Supernovice said:

Looks like some on this board may have a week of their dreams next week: a HECS and a potentially devastating credit/ liquidity US banking crisis to watch unfold while snowed in.

As someone who has significant funds at SVB obviously hope that’s not the case but getting skittish and might pull everything at open tomm. Which is what a good ole fashioned bank run is… so?

 

image.jpeg.49c69e35b8f6098ff60e32f1acbac530.jpeg

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/10/2023 at 6:38 AM, Supernovice said:

Those levered etf’s reset their NAV’s daily- you’re going to get chewed up by fees if you hold that- designed for a day or less holding period.

Also- what do you think the underlying is of that etf?( hint: rhymes with whaptions)

anyways back to your regularly scheduled programming.

edit: as of this moment 1:30pm, ~$3.5mm gone lolz. see ya SVB

I hope you put it all on 0dtes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bad week for banks .

Banks borrowed 164.8 Billion from the Federal Reserve , up from ..wait for it ...4.58 billion last week . This broke the all time weekly record from the 2008 Financial crisis Of 111 Billion.

The Story is probably not over . 
 

Also of note , SVB that is..umm “stumbling” and started the “panic” was supposedly regulated by the San Francisco regional branch of The Federal reserve and SVB former CEO Greg Becker was quickly  removed From the SF Fed Board of directors . 
 

In addition and related to the federal reserve and monetary policy , many thought the fed might pause rate hikes or even lower them in emergency response to the banking “issues “..the European Central Bank thru a little cold water on that idea (the “market” always wishes and begs for a  story line to get back toward cheap credit/ rates) . The ECB raised rates ..as formerly planned ..even in the face of their own issues with credit suisse due to their continued inflation fight . Meaning the US Federal reserve would lose credibility as inflation fighters if they were to not hike 25 basis points and assets would likely respond accordingly (up) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Bad week for banks .

Banks borrowed 164.8 Billion from the Federal Reserve , up from ..wait for it ...4.58 billion last week . This broke the all time weekly record from the 2008 Financial crisis Of 111 Billion.

The Story is probably not over . 
 

Also of note , SVB that is..umm “stumbling” and started the “panic” was supposedly regulated by the San Francisco regional branch of The Federal reserve and SVB former CEO Greg Becker was quickly  removed From the SF Fed Board of directors . 
 

In addition and related to the federal reserve and monetary policy , many thought the fed might pause rate hikes or even lower them in emergency response to the banking “issues “..the European Central Bank thru a little cold water on that idea (the “market” always wishes and begs for a  story line to get back toward cheap credit/ rates) . The ECB raised rates ..as formerly planned ..even in the face of their own issues with credit suisse due to their continued inflation fight . Meaning the US Federal reserve would lose credibility as inflation fighters if they were to not hike 25 basis points and assets would likely respond accordingly (up) 

Are we in for a bumpy ride?  The obvious solution would be to lower rates. Unfortunately, the Fed can’t/won’t. Interesting times ahead. Hang tight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Are we in for a bumpy ride?  The obvious solution would be to lower rates. Unfortunately, the Fed can’t/won’t. Interesting times ahead. Hang tight. 

We had a few bumps in October when Rising yields blew up some things in the uk, the Japanese had to intervene to support their  currency , and Janet Yellen was monitoring “liquidity in treasury market” then the dollar peaked and reversed and so did yields and with that financial conditions loosened and we rallied . So much so in Europe that the German stock market hit all time highs (all during weak Marco economic conditions) around that same time China stepped in and added massive liquidity to the global financial system.

I guess my point / ramble is that it’s very unpredictable when certain crisis hit , but that rising interest rates and if and when the dollar and yields rise again ..all create the backdrop for the next financial crisis . Officials always pretend these are rare , but in reality fed tightening cycles almost always bring them about , just never know when . If inflation was more subdued the fed would cut rates . I’m shocked more hasn’t blown up .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...