• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Medium-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

06 GEFS mad a sig move toward a euro type solution.  Long duration, tucked low.  4.5/5 days from when  the low starts to reform somewhere in the SE.  Cautiously optimistic that we are starting to see some general agreement.  Obviously, the convoluted progression remains a red flag but can't deny the developments over the past 24 hours.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Looks cold for Christmas behind our coastal storm. B)

This Dec so far is really jarring my memory of what an un-hostile Nina can look like. Everything is progressing inside the guardrails of a good winter in the west and east. Back in my old CO stomping ground is going thru a perfect Nina start. Old friends are already talking a 95-96 redux lol. Next up for them will be 2 weeks of bluebird if the guardrails stay intact (break out the parkas here). Then mid Jan goes nuts. If blocking reasserts, select eastern weenies will go nuts too. Here or there? Stay tuned! Lol

• Like 13
  • Weenie 3

Probably no one notices, but I am really trying to limit the snow maps to discrete threats within range as compared to last year.  

The mean snow maps inside six days or so I don’t think are clown maps.  They depict what the individual perturbations are trying to forecast.  

Can’t believe there are only about 2 weeks left in 2022.  I hope everyone gets the weather ending they are hoping for this calendar year….but if you want beach weather, head to the Florida Keys!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

This Dec so far is really jarring my memory of what an un-hostile Nina can look like. Everything is progressing inside the guardrails of a good winter in the west and east. Back in my old CO stomping ground is going thru a perfect Nina start. Old friends are already talking a 95-96 redux lol. Next up for them will be 2 weeks of bluebird if the guardrails stay intact (break out the parkas here). Then mid Jan goes nuts. If blocking reasserts, select eastern weenies will go nuts too. Here or there? Stay tuned! Lol

Clear the gutters and prep for the floods?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, BristowWx said:

Ok.  Little better.  Sorry I should have let 126-132 come out.  Still not great. 

Yea but at least it is trying to get something going even in separate pieces.  It would not take much for the GFS to revert back to what it showed just 24 hours ago.  It would appear to me that the GFS is having difficulty ironing out how strong of a PNA out west and also struggling with the strength of the block in the Northeast. We have seen this song and dance before time and time again.   Chances are the 12z GFS is a step toward the Euro or a revert back to the what the GFS showed Friday morning.

27 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

Probably no one notices, but I am really trying to limit the snow maps to discrete threats within range as compared to last year.  

The mean snow maps inside six days or so I don’t think are clown maps.  They depict what the individual perturbations are trying to forecast.  

Can’t believe there are only about 2 weeks left in 2022.  I hope everyone gets the weather ending they are hoping for this calendar year….but if you want beach weather, head to the Florida Keys!

You're doing ok. At this range with a discrete threat on guidance, the maps on the means become more useful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Looking through the 6z GEFS members, it definitely made a jump towards a coastal redeveloper as others have mentioned this morning - there’s timing differences amongst the members but this gives you a good idea of the potential in these few frames.

image.gif.1e8192cbf66db53217e735dbf3a85599.gif

11 please.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Looking through the 6z GEFS members, it definitely made a jump towards a coastal redeveloper as others have mentioned this morning - there’s timing differences amongst the members but this gives you a good idea of the potential in these few frames.

image.gif.1e8192cbf66db53217e735dbf3a85599.gif

Probably better to see those redevelopers near ORF

• Like 1

Can you imagine if we get snow cover prior to this arctic beast.   What an opposite December from the last 10 years. 

It does look like a 1960's type winter pattern for a period of time, leading up to and most likely going past the first of the year. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

It’s 10:49pm here in Thailand, I’m at a club and shooing my friend away because I’m in a f*cking corner watching the GFS come out. 

What’s wrong with us? 

I signed up for Easternuswx like 18 years ago then here when it switched over. If we haven’t figured out what’s wrong with us yet we never will lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, frd said:

Well we did it ! Achieved a - 4.0 SD on the AO.  Good times should follow. 

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/pna/norm.daily.ao.nao.pna.aao.gdas.120days.csv

The AO looks to remain negative. 

Even more impressive is even 7 day guidance is busting high. Look at 14 day. That type of verification anomaly isn't very common. Look at the trend since Nov 1st. There isn't an analog I know of that shows AO behavior already in the books that magically flips quickly. There's a few that dumpster fire in mid Jan and beyond. 2011 fits that but that was literally the multi-year blocking base state's last breath. There are others tho

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1