joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Medium-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Pretty nice Xmas eve h5 look on the 18z GEFS-

1671904800-SY2UWaZKYg8.png

I'm diggin the 15-25th period in general. The clunky frustrating progression so far makes sense in general. I wasn't very optimistic for the front half of Dec when I went out of town. But I've been pretty optimistic that it will all shift into a Dec longwave patten we haven't seen since 2010. Right on time friend! You've been killing the disco last few weeks. Kept my tracking down to 5 mins a day. Go time now :tomato:

• Like 22

That's not a kicker though. It's the opposite really. It's so close on the heels that it is absorbing much of the energy from the low(the storm) out ahead of it. That leaves a weaker, strung out vorticity ribbon ejected eastward that is then weakened/absorbed by the vortex off the NE coast.

Makes sense, bottom line is this the reason we’re seeing GFS vs the world. Still can cut, but I doubt we see GFS complete shred scenario

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm diggin the 15-25th period in general. The clunky frustrating progression so far makes sense in general. I wasn't very optimistic for the front half of Dec when I went out of town. But I've been pretty optimistic that it will all shift into a Dec longwave patten we haven't seen since 2010. Right on time friend! You've been killing the disco last few weeks. Kept my tracking down to 5 mins a day. Go time now :tomato:

Thanks! Yeah I'm with ya. Although I have become slightly intrigued with the late next week event, I know the setup, the date, and my climo lol. One or more will be the likely cause of failure. With the advertised pattern progression, just beyond that threat- around the 20th and beyond- looks like the best window for much of this region to possibly get on the board. Could be fun in mid/late December for a change.

• Like 6

The odd bowling ball this week has pretty much everything going against us with MA rules of thumb.... ULL tracking laterally north of our latitude across the Midwest? Downhill approach? Stretched out WAA in the no lift abysss? Redeveloper track w/ SE trajectory? No deep low level cold push? Early Dec? Idk. It might snow because the ingredients are flying around but it's like hitting a 5 game NFL parlay.

After that looks great. Imo- a 10 day favorable period during second half of Dec with key features in place for early season snow will probably do something. Maybe more than 1 event. Should be a lot of fun for a while for everyone who's screen name has more than 2 letters and doesnt start with J

• Like 9
  • Haha 18