Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

2 hours ago, alex said:

Getting some heavier snow tonight. Just got a special weather statement for some heavy snow showers bringing a “quick inch”

7C81929A-B90B-4CF0-BA29-D9393A879592.jpeg

Healthy half inch to an inch moving through.  Foot prints filling in.  I love when it snows in the evening.  There's something about it happening while sitting on the couch looking out at the flood lights.  Snow growth is excellent, stackable flakes.

• Like 3

That pre-Xmas event depicted on the euro hints at my fantasy storm:

Something forms 150 miles east of the DelMarVa and hooks back toward Block Island.  Webster on east gets dry slotted with warm temps, fog and drizzle.  Webster to the river is a back and forth battle of mixed precip, the river west is a wind-driven blizzard.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

That pre-Xmas event depicted on the euro hints at my fantasy storm:

Something forms 150 miles east of the DelMarVa and hooks back toward Block Island.  Webster on east gets dry slotted with warm temps, fog and drizzle.  Webster to the river is a back and forth battle of mixed precip, the river west is a wind-driven blizzard.

The way my luck is going, you'll get it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

And the gfs is a weak POS with rain showers and snow showers up north. 

That system is all we have before Xmas. I'm not sure where Scott sees another pre Xmas threat, but that's it.

I maybe about 4 days off from punting December. I thought the coast would struggle this month, but I didn't expect to be virtually shut out clear back to near ORH.

I'm at the point where I need more than a hr 270 H5 plot make me feel as though the luck is going to change anytime before the ball drops.

15 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That system is all we have before Xmas. I'm not sure where Scott sees another pre Xmas threat, but that's it.

I maybe about 4 days off from punting December. I thought the coast would struggle this month, but I didn't expect to be virtually shut out clear back to near ORH.

I'm at the point where I need more than a hr 270 H5 plot make me feel as though the luck is going to change anytime before the ball drops.

A few days ago on the ensembles showed a couple of threats. 

Friday is rain....which has been clear to me since Sunday.

Then we have the pre Xmas event and then probably one more major threat between Xmas and New Year's.....so while everything looks awesome from a large-scale synoptics stand- point, the devil is in the details. And that devil really needs to stop screaming up the collective tail pipe of eastern New England free of lube, or else this festive holiday appeal is going to remain at H5 and pass us by at the surface.

Simple as that-

• Like 1