Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

One of my all time favorite beat downs. Cantore going insane in Plymouth with the thunder snow was icing on the cake. 

I feel like this is underrated. Nearly 2' of snow in 6-8 hrs from near TAN to EWB. TSSN up the azz in PYM. Some of the heaviest snow I've ever driven in on my way to work...to the point I had to follow the guardrail on the expressway to know where I was going. 

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I feel like this is underrated. Nearly 2' of snow in 6-8 hrs from near TAN to EWB. TSSN up the azz in PYM. Some of the heaviest snow I've ever driven in on my way to work...to the point I had to follow the guardrail on the expressway to know where I was going. 

And all on top of like a 30” base. The pictures I took after that just make me shake my head in amazement. In fact I believe my avatar picture is one of them. 

2 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

That's also where the melts come in. Because if not every run shows a blockbuster people panic 

And when people track for 9-10 days they lose it 

Pretty rare for the models to latch on in the long range and never waver. March ‘17 rings a bell, and the ‘16 mid Atlantic blizzard too. But I can’t think of any since. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

That's also where the melts come in. Because if not every run shows a blockbuster people panic 

And when people track for 9-10 days they lose it 

Mm 

talking about stuff that’s already happened though… Looking back in lore, the biggest events were in the models for like 15 days or something prior to the actual event verifying. At minimum a week.

This signal got really bright about three days ago and it’s actually been there in vestige probably prior to that for several days as well right out to the very edge of the ensemble means when it was back when.

If this becomes a blockbuster event do we add this to the list of those that showed up really early in the guidance I’m not talking about people setting up their expectations.  I’m talking about how to use this as a prognostic tool   

• Like 3