Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,541
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Gonzalez Brittany
    Newest Member
    Gonzalez Brittany
    Joined

October 2022 OBS/DISC


40/70 Benchmark
 Share

Recommended Posts

We bottomed out at 31.5 here.  Need to inspect some of the plants to see if anyone got zapped.  Fam was not happy that I haven't finished the winterized nesting box for the rabbits yet, either.  If the cottontails survive in the yard, I'm sure our rabbits will be fine in the tunnel they've dug under their hutch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, QCD17 said:

We bottomed out at 31.5 here.  Need to inspect some of the plants to see if anyone got zapped.  Fam was not happy that I haven't finished the winterized nesting box for the rabbits yet, either.  If the cottontails survive in the yard, I'm sure our rabbits will be fine in the tunnel they've dug under their hutch.

Same here....31.5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not tonight. Will be windy. Won’t happen till mid Nov 

This has got to be one of the lamest weather years that I have lived through. 9 months and counting of absolute bore, save for Ian, and the one signature event 9 months ago still bent me over. My god, you have to go back to the previous cane season outside of that.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

I went to work in Agawam the next day and no one at work believed what we had in Southern Worcester County till I showed them the pics I took. The ground was bare in Springfield/Agawam.

glad I was young and had no idea what happened around me.. I lived in Agawam

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This has got to be one of the lamest weather years that I have lived through. 9 months and counting of absolute bore, save for Ian, and the one signature event 9 months ago still bent me over. My god, you have to go back to the previous cane season outside of that.

I hear ya.
 

You’d think it’s gotta start picking up some over the next 4-6 weeks…let’s hope?:weep:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I hear ya.
 

You’d think it’s gotta start picking up some over the next 4-6 weeks…let’s hope?:weep:

From a science standpoint, it's rather relieving. In an age where everything is blamed on CC and how things will get "wild"...it's sort of refreshing. 

I'm not saying CC isn't happening, but as Will says...we have a lot of recent confirmation bias and a quick trigger finger to point at CC. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This has got to be one of the lamest weather years that I have lived through. 9 months and counting of absolute bore, save for Ian, and the one signature event 9 months ago still bent me over. My god, you have to go back to the previous cane season outside of that.

Just awful. One severe tstorm and that’s it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

From a science standpoint, it's rather relieving. In an age where everything is blamed on CC and how things will get "wild"...it's sort of refreshing. 

I'm not saying CC isn't happening, but as Will says...we have a lot of recent confirmation bias and a quick trigger finger to point at CC. 

At the end of the day, people are going to point to CC regardless of whether its boring, or it isn't.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

At the end of the day, people are going to point to CC regardless of whether its boring, or it isn't.

Wouldn't CC lead to less extreme weather given weather is a combination of gradients and temperature extremes. 

If the whole world warms then things should be more uniform.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Wouldn't CC lead to less extreme weather given weather is a combination of gradients and temperature extremes. 

If the whole world warms then things should be more uniform.

People have arguments in each direction, like with everything else in weather.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Wouldn't CC lead to less extreme weather given weather is a combination of gradients and temperature extremes. 

If the whole world warms then things should be more uniform.

Most of the literature points to more extremes on the whole....but it's not evenly distributed. We will see less extreme cold going forward but more extreme heatwaves, more extreme flooding events (and by precip proxy maybe some more extreme snow events).

The spacial distribution isn't very well-known either. Non-temperature attribution studies are generally some of the least confident in the science.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...