Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,275
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Chicago85
    Newest Member
    Chicago85
    Joined

August Discussion/Obs


weatherwiz
 Share

Recommended Posts

The western US knows how to do drought.  They just keep finding bodies as the water level drops in Lake Mead.  The 4th one this summer.

Wonder what the drought here in the northeast will uncover… 

Mob hits left and right.  “Boaters found a body inside of a barrel after extremely low water levels exposed the bottom of the lake.”

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/08/1116307660/lake-mead-human-remains-fourth-body-swim-beach

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The western US knows how to do drought.  They just keep finding bodies as the water level drops in Lake Mead.  The 4th one this summer.

Wonder what the drought here in the northeast will uncover… 

Mob hits left and right.  “Boaters found a body inside of a barrel after extremely low water levels exposed the bottom of the lake.”

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/08/1116307660/lake-mead-human-remains-fourth-body-swim-beach

Dude there are hundreds of mob bodies in there… Who are these people kidding in the media that act like this is headline and nobody knew it was coming

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The western US knows how to do drought.  They just keep finding bodies as the water level drops in Lake Mead.  The 4th one this summer.

Wonder what the drought here in the northeast will uncover… 

Mob hits left and right.  “Boaters found a body inside of a barrel after extremely low water levels exposed the bottom of the lake.”

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/08/1116307660/lake-mead-human-remains-fourth-body-swim-beach

Was watching a recent video about the relationship between Lake Mead, Lake Powell, water emergencies etc.   interesting stuff 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Dude there are hundreds of mob bodies in there… Who are these people kidding in the media that act like this is headline and nobody knew it was coming

A massive reservoir about 20 miles outside Las Vegas… gambling, prostitution, drugs… the vice capital of the world. Organized crime thrives there. You wonder how many people really “disappeared” in that area over the years.

Southern VT plateau though… 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

2.32” Mayorch 

3.39” JuneAce 

2.81 Julorch 

.34 Augdewst 

4 summer months all below normal ( Aug TBD) and Morch and Napril were both BN precip 

Incredibly dry around here.  Some days we missed rain by only a mile or two....

May           2.25"
June        0.22"
July        1.03"
August        0.20"

June 1st       trace
June 2nd       trace
June 17th      .10"
June 22nd      .10"
July 14th      trace
July 16th      trace
July 19th      .70"
July 25th      trace
July 30th      .30"
August 1st     .15"
August 8th     .05"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, metagraphica said:

Incredibly dry around here.  Some days we missed rain by only a mile or two....

May           2.25"
June        0.22"
July        1.03"
August        0.20"

You “win.”  That’s insane.  The 1.45” L.E. in 2+ months.  Averaging under 0.75” per month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was in Stowe when it hit driving from near Golden Eagle to Shaws.  Never made it past 15 mph it was raining so hard.  Back to GH rd and my station only had .14in at a rate of .42/hr.  That cell really blew up in 5 miles because that was some rain!!  Partner confirmed it did not rain like that in Waterbury Center.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, powderfreak said:

A massive reservoir about 20 miles outside Las Vegas… gambling, prostitution, drugs… the vice capital of the world. Organized crime thrives there. You wonder how many people really “disappeared” in that area over the years.

Southern VT plateau though… 

 Christopher and Pauley, take our Russian friend for a tour of the Pine Barrens.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...