Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Holy sht. 93/79 for a 110 heat index at my house and the stations around me up to 113. Hottest indices since 2019. 

91.2/79.6/108.9 here. May be on my way to an all time record high at my station. Caveat being this is only the 3rd summer of having it installed. Have not yet eclipsed 93.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

91.2/79.6/108.9 here. May be on my way to an all time record high at my station. Caveat being this is only the 3rd summer of having it installed. Have not yet eclipsed 93.

Ya this is summer 5 I believe hottest ever is 96.4 here on my station I’m going to check now. 

June 30th 2021, High Temp of 96.6 max heat index 111.9. 

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Meanwhile BTV is 63F.

That's a wild gradient across New England right now.

I think it more apt to say it is a wild gradient for August ?

not trying to tamp down your expression - it is an impressive gradient, regardless.  But that is actually pretty common in spring around here - "down here" may be more apropos. 

Like, I've seen the 40 F differences across even short ranges, between Lawrence Massachusetts, and Hartford CT on some hapless screen door slammin' nonsuspecting day in May, many ... many times.    In fact, ALB at 83 while it is 38 F at the end of April's - I think I've seen that at least a handful over the decades.   

Not sure what the return rate for butt boning BD "extremes" are, as opposed to just the standard dildo ..but I know that 30 F variance between HFD and BOS is rudely fairly common.

• Like 1

Incidentally ... it looks like the BD as 're'manifested and is trying to move SW again... It's really more evident out in the GOM, with wave-form strata along the leading edge... but I wonder if that is attempting to sneak in prior to the front door for coastal NH   

48 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Front on approach. Moving into western areas now.

I think that's more of a pre-frontal DP sweep ...  ( but what's the difference -right?)

But if WPC's got any clue ( not sure <_< ) the boundary is still draped through NY - N VT. 

Looks like I got a cluster of heavy showers racing down Rt 2 here.  There's a visible wind shift subtending to SE NY from that, but it is moving way faster than the synoptic features really can - so I think maybe DPs tank behind that. 

Not an uncommon aspect to have DPs run for their lives when a cfront's coming.

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think it more apt to say it is a wild gradient for August ?

not trying to tamp down your expression - it is an impressive gradient, regardless.  But that is actually pretty common in spring around here - "down here" may be more apropos. 

Like, I've seen the 40 F differences across even short ranges, between Lawrence Massachusetts, and Hartford CT on some hapless screen door slammin' nonsuspecting day in May, many ... many times.    In fact, ALB at 83 while it is 38 F at the end of April's - I think I've seen that at least a handful over the decades.   

Not sure what the return rate for butt boning BD "extremes" are, as opposed to just the standard dildo ..but I know that 30 F variance between HFD and BOS is rudely fairly common.

Yes good call.  For mid-summer.  Usually do not see this type of gradient in the second half of summer too.  Once we get into autumn you start seeing it more.  But to have 59F afternoon at MSS in the St Lawerance Valley, while most of SNE is about to burst into flames from high HI... it's impressive.  More so because it's not just like its upper 80s down there... but high end record heat.

• Like 1