Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

1 minute ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Drought (albeit a serious issue) isn’t very exciting talk..I’m almost rooting for a volcanic eruption now lol 

Its just not an exciting way to go out....with hurricanes, tornadoes and blizzards, mother nature sends you out in a blaze of glory, but with a drought, its like death by 2,345,983 paper cuts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think I’ve had 1 maybe 2 tstorms all summer . 

Had 8 days with thunder so far this year.  The June 14 event brought 1.14" including 0.85" in 10 minutes and a few dime-size ice cubes.  The other 7 added together brought considerably less than that.  Of course, we've just had the nicest garden rain of the summer without a hint of convection.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I would love a 10-11 season where we all got smoked. The board is a million times more enjoyable. 

Agree 100%, I can always travel to chase snow for recreation purposes, But its always better when i can do it from here, Especially with all the higher cost that will be associated with it this winter.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I would love a 10-11 season where we all got smoked. The board is a million times more enjoyable. 

Still one of my favorite winters.  160” in town and 330” mountain.  Best mix of synoptic and upslope since I’ve been up here.

Everyone got hammered at some point that winter.  Would sign up immediately.

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

It’s kind of amazing that this thread is at 116 pages, given the extreme lack of interesting weather recently. There was a time when even significant winter storms couldn’t pull this kind of engagement. 

I think part of it is the seasonal people like myself begin to trickle back in as we approach fall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, in any event, I think the first goal is to put an end to the drought-sword fight. We can all agree on that.

My gut feeling is that outside of an October nor’easter of note,  it is going to be boring until winter weather season arrives. 
I am skeptical of the tropics producing anything for New England this year.  I think any teasers are going to fall victim to lows swinging down an kicking them out.  What do I know? Just my feeling.

• Like 1