• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Gfs about the same here. I’ll take it.

Looked awesome for pike up to S NH....I'm expecting to ping though even though GFS says it stays south. But just need to hold off the pingers until about 15z and we're locked for solid warning snows.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looked awesome for pike up to S NH....I'm expecting to ping though even though GFS says it stays south. But just need to hold off the pingers until about 15z and we're locked for solid warning snows.

So you thing i will mix alot in ASH? I think I will pre-salt two lots, hoping for no more then 2" by 530am?? start time seems earlier then last night runs?

4 minutes ago, 512high said:

So you thing i will mix alot in ASH? I think I will pre-salt two lots, hoping for no more then 2" by 530am?? start time seems earlier then last night runs?

No it won't mix that much there....it might ping as the precip starts getting lighter near midday, but the damage is done by then....decent chance you don't mix at all.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m not sure this pans out for us.

meaning, I’m leaning towards the lower end of the range.

image.thumb.png.d61144c535ee23cd76b490b8959ea14e.png

You guys in SW CT might start as straight sleet but then flip to moderate/heavy snow for a few hours as the lift deepens and cools the marginal warm layer, before it finally gets overwhelmed by WAA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 512high said:

If we ping at all its around 1p or so when the edge of the dry slot is on our doorstep. We're basically a lock for 8" at this point. Outside shot at 10-12" if we get in a band or sit on the good side of the coastal front.

• Like 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

You guys in SW CT might start as straight sleet but then flip to moderate/heavy snow for a few hours as the lift deepens and cools the marginal warm layer, before it finally gets overwhelmed by WAA.

So I assume the sounding an hour or two later (which can’t be seen) would look better before the warm nose pokes us again?

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

So I assume the sounding an hour or two later (which can’t be seen) would look better before the warm nose pokes us again?

Ya I'm really not too confident I'm leaning lower end of range like you said for SWCT portion of state. Like Will said its initially sleet cools quick turns to snow but then warm air moves back in super in quick, hrrr and gfs keep on fighting it off, but it really waffles back and forth it seems with dynamical cooling.. We could be on the good side or the bad side of the gradient, every mile north and east will matter.  

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

This really has been a lot of north trending this past 12 hours, and gravitating toward NAM and RGEM solutions following their stubborness. 

it is my hope there is still a chance for a last-minute "correction" southward again. I know we are still going to get in on some of the action, but it is nothing like the 8 to 12 inch ideas that were on the table last night. 

Otherwise my worst-case idea last night of sleet tamping down amounts badly all the way up to 10 or 20 miles south of the MA border might be more of a reality.