Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-29 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Obs/Discussion

mappy

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

The temp freakout is kinda hilarious to me.  Chill folks, it's going to snow and it will accumulate later.  

my snow mist has become actual snowflakes again. I'm hoping it snows like this off/on all day regardless of how much actually accumulates. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Was looking at cams of the ocean in OC this morning. It is so calm it almost looks like glass. That is about to change a ton. Blizzard conditions tomorrow. I envy those that can make the chase. Nothing better than wind driven powder with and angry ocean in the background. Enjoy everyone. 

I will be there and try to send some pics. I guess I need to use imgur or something as pics are too large when I try to attach from phone.

• Like 1

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

Yea, the Td is in the teens. Wet bulbing will not be an issue.

I mean, places got 12"+ four weeks ago after days with temps in the 50s and 60s.  We've had arctic air over us for weeks, the ground is frozen, and we'll briefly have temps in the mid/upper 30s today.  Temp will drop just fine later this afternoon as precip starts.  Hell, the ground is probably colder than the air when snow starts.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yup they just expanded it to inland Sussex.

Work at a Sussex County DE hospital and already affecting availability of transportation of patients scheduled to/from tonight. Awesome to enjoy but boy a lot more work and no sleep but no complaints here!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

I mean, places got 12"+ four weeks ago after days with temps in the 50s and 60s.  We've had arctic air over us for weeks, the ground is frozen, and we'll briefly have temps in the mid/upper 30s today.  Temp will drop just fine later this afternoon as precip starts.  Hell, the ground is probably colder than the air when snow starts.

Bro, some places got to 35. We're screwed for decades to come.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

GFS looks to be on track with temps and still drops a respectable amount of snow for a good chunk of the subforum.

image.thumb.png.bf6f8d7e6132d2498fa6559e362ae917.png

Seems like most guidance shows about 2.5-3 inches for Pasadena and about 5 inches for Annapolis. Doubt it will be that high. Currently thinking about 1.5 inches for Pasadena and 3 inches for Annapolis. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Jeez.  I get it to some degree when we need 20-30F of cooling and the ground is warm to the touch like back on Jan 3.  But today?  

I'm surprised anyone is freaking out at this point, at least anyone near 95 and west of there. This is likely to end with bare ground or a dusting.