Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-29 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Obs/Discussion

mappy

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I never doubted anyone else's obs. I literally posted my own obs and the meltdowns ensued.

I guess some TV guy claiming 14.5 in Lewes (highest in all of Sussex County by a decent margin, BTW, other reports lower) means every place in the county received the same.

Finally got a snowstorm? My dude. I live in the mid Atlantic and have similar snow to you on the season. Relax there. 

I get it. I lived in the Hudson valley and then Buffalo for a combined 32 years. I know what receiving 100+” of snow in a season looks like and I’ve seen my fair share of 2-3 foot storms, but I’m still very humble about each storm based on where I now live. It’s seriously not a competition :lol:. It’d be pathetic if you didn’t see more snow than us. 

We are simply busting your chops for your ridiculous call for a bust before the coastal even got going south of the Carolina’s last night. 12-20” commonplace from OCMD to the jersey coast and 20-30” commonplace in SNE. Lewes reported 14.5 and surrounding areas reported 12, 12.5, 13. Since you understand the weather so well, you’d obviously know that banding creates differences in totals, even in neighboring towns. 14+ in lewes is correct and it’s more than one spotter who reported as such. 

Come on man. You were wrong. Just admit it and crawl back into your hole in N NH. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DDweatherman said:

Well, because we did end up getting around two inches or a bit more up where I live last night, I got a bright idea. Our roads are always snow covered longer than most after it snows, so what better to do than try taking my two year old daughters sled for a ride. 

Let’s just say it was probably a near quarter mile ride that took 2/3 minutes and I was flying down the road. Video footage was obtained. My wife didn’t realize I was serious when I told her so she drove me back to the top and watched… safe to say she needed a ride after seeing that. 

@nw baltimore wx and I hadn’t even been drinking beers

Put the Black Eye Susan party on your calendar. We have more drinking to do.

31 for a high so 5th time not hit 32 here

I can’t find winter outlook thread . I went +2 , -3 to -5, and 0 to -1 But I did not order the months.

Dec exceeded my + value and Jan coming in solid negative .  Went 12.5 “ at   DCA and almost exactly that right now

it didn’t look very good in long range for us to have a good winter and Dec  scary warm but big time turn around approaching a 10 degree flip month to month.