Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-29 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Obs/Discussion

mappy

8 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

0.8”. Added 0.1” during my Jebwalk but it’s lightened up again. Probably need 2 more hours of this to get to 1”. Going to be close. I’m going to bed and dreaming that I get clipped by a rogue outer band from the coastal.

Well I did catch a few bands of light snow overnight. Added 0.4” so 1.2” total. Wind picking up and temp down to 19.8 now.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

8” now at SBY from a trained spotter. They’ll get to 10” from this. The coast got smoked overnight. Southern DE gonna be in the double digits I feel. 

Just checked and just over 10 inches with light to mod snow still falling just South of Dover, DE. 22 degrees.

• Like 2

Quite the event, impressive storm. Southernmost  Dorchester County got started later (8:00 pm)but caught the heavy outer coastal band for a bit. It’s blowing hard , gusting 30-40. Roads must be a drifting mess. At least 4 inches fell but it’s so windy that getting a good measurement will be difficult.

I’ve spent alot of  time down here, the weather on this peninsula jutting into Fishing Bay/Tangier Sound is high volatility.

36 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Glad you at least saw snowfall for a bit Millville.

Thanks! It was super peaceful last night watching it fall while I hung out with my wife and her family. Fire was roaring and good conversation. It was really all I was asking for. I'll see more big snowstorms in my lifetime, no doubt :)

• Like 6