Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The ggem is on the fence here with a pesky warm tongue above H85. Ukie is cold and snowy. Gfs has a warm layer H8-85 as well. I’m all set with ice this go around.

I haven't looked at soundings, but the low level cold push looks strong. Wonder if it trends into more sleet vs freezing rain except for a fairly narrow area. Unless we see things trend back northward, which is possible.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I guess you just didn't learn from this last one about the CMC, We need to get this Maryland fallacy out of you about the CMC up here..........:)

Or I could cling to the UKMET being right as the furthest south outlier like the others are doing. LOL

The GFS is fine here too, as is the Euro. All systems go for NNE so far.

Hopefully it holds.

1 minute ago, wx2fish said:

I haven't looked at soundings, but the low level cold push looks strong. Wonder if it trends into more sleet vs freezing rain except for a fairly narrow area. Unless we see things trend back northward, which is possible.

That’s kinda how I was leaning. A stronger cold push in the low levels undercutting the pesky mid level warmth. I’m not really expecting zr here unless it starts trending nuclear the next couple of days. I’ve got the driveway down to the ice slab so I’m all set with IP.

24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I know there’s been a few.. but it seems like SNE Icestorms in Feb are fairly infrequent. The bigger ones seem to be earlier in the season . Late Nov- into Jan . Of course there was one in Napril in CT a few years ago. 

biggest one I personally remember was in Feb (2011)

I'm all set with ice too, last storm I wasn't here and my dad didn't finish the driveway, because he's old and all, but I have like a good area of 6" glacier that won't budge, made yesterday difficult but also looks deep winter out there... I'll take anything but zr at this point, still a ways to go with this one

14 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Except for a day or two of a warmup this week, the GFS is cold and stormy . Nice to see that in February.

I question the warm up too, maybe get to seasonal, but it's also been trending cooler with that as well, we'll see, could actually use a couple days of thaw

Just now, Connecticut Appleman said:

Let's do February big to give you a great send off before you move south.

forgot to mention, that ain't going to happen after all, for now anyway, parents in failing health so I can't do the back and forth for months until I get a permanent residence there, kinda sucks but I can't leave my wife to tend to everything and my boys ain't old enough to manage, driveway glacier case in point, on top of wood for the fireplace, apparently they ran out while I was gone and never said anything, just too much I have to do here, someday I guess

• Like 1