Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Eh, it was a D5-6 prog that changed. I’d be more impressed if it was inside of 100 hours. I remember even back in its heyday, the euro had the 12/19/08 storm as a 60F cutter trough Ottawa at 138 hours. Next run it was a snowstorm and more or less held serve for the next 5 days. 

@dendrite @powderfreak

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

27 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

What does that have to do with knowing vs not knowing how long it is until a modeled event starts?

lol...I mean I know what he's doing, but I know he knows what I mean too. All I care about is the amount of hours from model initialization. At 126hr from the 12z euro he's basically done precipitating. He looks at it like, it's Sunday and he'll be precipitating Friday so that's 5 days. He's special like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

lol...I mean I know what he's doing, but I know he knows what I mean too. All I care about is the amount of hours from model initialization. At 126hr from the 12z euro he's basically done precipitating. He looks at it like, it's Sunday and he'll be precipitating Friday so that's 5 days. He's special like that.

If it was snow, you bet your ass it is 4 days out though. Flakes Thursday 

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Up here at least, it's very close to the Euro and even the reviled GGEM (the latter is way overdone on precip but has the same idea). That's great agreement at this range. 

Has the potential to be back to back double digits here, Been a while for that.

• Like 2