Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

35 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Jeezuz, good memory!

The entire N of RT 2 is getting a little overdue for a crush job.  You know it's an odd snow winter when Dave is only middle of the pack in totals.

Everyone knows where I stand on being due...been a half decade since I've come with 10" of normal. 

We wait...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

That initial Quebec low forces cold air to push south delaying NE movement of plains LP. Could get interesting quick this week. Now that Ray's checked out it would be a great time for a classic SWFE

I didn't say I checked out. I said I'm not interested in this one. Could that change, sure.

• Weenie 2

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Anyone notice the scope of this weeks storm? 2,000 plus miles of 12”+ of snow in a 50-100 mile band with 1,000 miles 20”+. And sleet and freezing rain to the south making it 2,000 miles wide and about 500 miles thick north south. 

Classic stj over a deep Arctic airmass clash. Feb 94 like. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Anyone notice the scope of this weeks storm? 2,000 plus miles of 12”+ of snow in a 50-100 mile band with 1,000 miles 20”+. And sleet and freezing rain to the south making it 2,000 miles wide and about 500 miles thick north south. 

Even though we obviously haven’t produced on many them, this season has been filled with high end systems. Pretty interesting to see.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Ya it’s wild, I’m too young to remember that I was only 8. I don’t recall seeing something like this modeled pretty cool. 

That was a beast storm in western NY.  It actually was a bigger deal than march 93 for many west of BGM.