• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

NAM was more suppressed than the 06z run was, but we're comparing the long range NAM, so not sure it's very useful.....RGEM actually got more amped. But again...same deal as NAM, it's useless at 72-84h.....ICON got more suppressed.

The only guidance that really matters is the globals right now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My cousin lived in Dracut at the time...she had to come stay with us for like a week because it was like a warzone...no power for a long time.

More trees in w Methuen and Dracut than in east Methuen....lights flickered numerous times but no loss of power.  Several friends and family members in NH were without power for 3 weeks. .... rumor was the 1 electric crew in NH was vacationing in Florida at the time.... 

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Such anger. Good heavens. I’m living rent free right now clearly. I didn’t even steal your snow! Take a break?

SNE probably won;t totally steal your snow until tomorrow's run...my guess is today is the trend where it's "congrats dendrite, but still a big hit for powderfreak to phin" and then tomorrow is "congrats pike region, dendrite still gets a good hit.....and powderfreak and Phin still get some upslope"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

More trees in w Methuen and Dracut than in east Methuen....lights flickered numerous times but no loss of power.  Several friends and family members in NH were without power for 3 weeks. .... rumor was the 1 electric crew in NH was vacationing in Florida at the time.... 

Yea, Kev can keep that...no thanks.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

SNE probably won;t totally steal your snow until tomorrow's run...my guess is today is the trend where it's "congrats dendrite, but still a big hit for powderfreak to phin" and then tomorrow is "congrats pike region, dendrite still gets a good hit.....and powderfreak and Phin still get some upslope"

I have close to 2 feet here now so another 6-8 is fine to build the pack further. Just no rain, hate that in winter. I have no issue with SNE getting in on it too. If they are getting snow it means I dodged a torch here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Even the MA weenies chill for a few days after a HECS. So much latent rage in SNE it’s really easy to get them foaming. 

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Such anger. Good heavens. I’m living rent free right now clearly. I didn’t even steal your snow! Take a break?

Next time you steal our snow we're coming for it!!

See the source image

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

what's the thinking on IP vs FZRA in a setup like this? Or is it too early

5 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

That doesn't make sense.  I don't think crews of guys who are co-workers, and not necessarily friends (friendly enough to take a trip together) would do this.

Just now, PhineasC said:

I have close to 2 feet here now so another 6-8 is fine to build the pack further. Just no rain, hate that in winter. I have no issue with SNE getting in on it too. If they are getting snow it means I dodged a torch here. 

I was only kidding anyway...I don't think this going to be suppressed that much....I've seen these before. I do think it could be a messy transition event for SNE, but the best snows are likely in NNE.

I agree on the last part though....I just wanted to dodge the "atmospheric river" streaming north from the Bahamas and it looks like we will.....this trended into something way less torchy compared to several days ago.

• Like 1

Just now, dryslot said:

Friday is actually going to screw my weekend plans up to the north country getting in my first ride of the season so i wont complain if it ends up further south.

I have dinner plans with some of my old marine corps friends this Friday...already PPD by the blizzard last Friday.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I just missed that ice storm in Wilmington...just up the road in N Tewksbury has some branches down. Methuen must have gotten crushed..glad I wasn't here then.

2008 was a disaster here. A week without power. The great generator search (I drove to the Cape to get one at Home Depot). When I built my current house in 2012, a whole house, natural gas, generator was at the top of my list of requirements. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I have dinner plans with some of my old marine corps friends this Friday...already PPD by the blizzard last Friday.

Ha, I actually lucked out (barely) on this last one, Models had me missing those bands by 10-15 miles or so the last couple days and i ended up in the middle of them where the western part of the county i'm in missed them, If we get another 12"+ on friday, I'll have to remain in Lew as i have no one to clear the driveway, The wife certainly won't lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

A slight amount of bad weather PPDing some Marine Corps guys...wow! Joking LOL thanks for your service!!

Well, one is coming down from Maine, so.....better safe than sorry. Guy was in Fullujah and has a purple heart, so he has incurred enough risk for a lifetime. lol

• Like 2